All things Independence of the Seas

The world's largest cruise ship RCCL's "Independence of the Seas" arrived in Oslo harbour directly from Aker Yards on Monday morning, to begin its maiden voyage.

The vessel is 339 metres long, 38.6 metres wide, and takes 4375 passengers and 1365 crew.

http://www.norwaypost.no/cgi-bin/norwaypost/imaker?id=144761

jj....

Cheryl ...I am happy to share if you are :D

Hello Liz,

Sorry to keep on, dont forget to take lots of pictures if you can, especially Deck 10 suites, the PICTURES OF THE INDEPENDENCE look absolutely fantastic, cant wait to get on in August, Enjoy yourselve on your trip.

PS can you please find out if there is going to be a jazz bar?

The world's largest cruise ship RCCL's "Independence of the Seas" arrived in Oslo harbour directly from Aker Yards on Monday morning, to begin its maiden voyage.

The vessel is 339 metres long, 38.6 metres wide, and takes 4375 passengers and 1365 crew.

http://www.norwaypost.no/cgi-bin/norwaypost/imaker?id=144761

jj....

Here's a picture from the Oslo harbour Web-cam

oslo30.jpg.49f1e1da28737514cc6fcc678d967df9.jpg

Wow !! Gorgeous. Cannot wait to sail on her. We are on the July 26th sailing...

If want to skip over to here

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=519060

you will find those of us who are travelling with you. Look forward to seeing you there.

I notice you have annoyed someone already on your other thread. Honestly some people!!!

Can anyone tell me exactly when the Indy comes into Southampton this week. I would love to be there when she arrives, but I think it maybe just after when the West Quay Centre opens along with the shops!!! Thanks.
She gets in 25th around 9am. Will be berthed at Gate 10

There is a 2-day Caribbean festival in Mayflower Park at the weekend too!

FWIW - Indy comes out in May so Zini will be on until middle of June (maybe end of June). Then Capt Strazicic (Carol's Teo) takes over for a 10-14 wk rotation. That would put the next switch at around the end of Sept. So by the beginning of October, Capt Arnolf Remo should be onboard till close to the end of the year. They may switch again just before Christmas. So Capt Teo would be on at the beginning of 2009.

Captain Strazicic is in command now.

Thank you for that. Sadly, I cannot get there for the weekend, but I will be there around 0930 on Friday. I will go to the top of the West Quay car park which is where I stood when the Freedom and the Liberty came in. Great place for pictures!

HI all..I'm going to book my first RCI cruise on the Independence of the seas..I'm booking the Transatlantic to Southhampton. I'll then visit friens and the BBC in London. I took my first cruise in feb on Carnival with Doctor Who..All of the British people will know who he is..It was Sylvester McCoy and he actually gave me away at my wedding in Feb .

I'm really excited to learn more about this lovely ship

Hi

We are in cabin 1702 on the 31/05/2008 out of Southampton going to Europe,this is our first Aft cabin

Have done alot of Cruises with Rc , Diamond but a virgin With aft cabins

Will send photos after cruise

Regards

John

Thank you for that. Sadly, I cannot get there for the weekend, but I will be there around 0930 on Friday. I will go to the top of the West Quay car park which is where I stood when the Freedom and the Liberty came in. Great place for pictures!

Cheryl :D

If you find you cant sleep with excitement ...if you pop down the port around 5.30am...the Independence will be there :D