All things Independence of the Seas

Well the day has nearly come for the Independence of the Seas to become ours...ok ok Royal Caribbean's :D

Tomorrow morning she will be handed over :D yipppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

According to AkerBuilder handover is today 1 day early and she will leave tomorrow 1 day early, not sure if thats correct but he does work at the Yard :confused:

A week Monday ID will be in Oslo so we should start to see pics and video, not long now :D

Good to hear that everything is on schedule. I will be on her next Tuesday in Oslo so will post pictures then. I am not sure whether she will arrrive Monday evening or not. They will have to take Jewel of the Seas out of the port first.

Thanks George :D

The Critters have been in hyper mode since the news yesterday...hey now we are talking about doing a B2B :D

Andy :D

Originally the ID was meant to be leaving the shipyard on the 18th April but as they finished early then yes she will be leaving the shipyard tomorrow morning.

Hey Mines...look after that beautiful ship please :D

Lots of chat going on about Genesis, what about the handover of Indy, its very sad how Genesis is getting all the headlines at a time when Indy shoud be the biggest news :mad:

I have to agree with you on this. While Genesis is a marvelous ship, she is not here yet. Let's let IOS have have her moment in the spotlight now.

The Independence of the Seas leaves the shipyard this morning and I for one want to wish all who sail on her in the future Happy Cruising and Smooth Seas :D :D

She's a beauty :D :D

Ditto here ..:) I am sure she will be as beautiful as her big sisters Freedom and Liberty..Liz have a great cruise on her..come back with lots of details..I have to wait until next April to sail on her.

Thanks George :D

The Critters have been in hyper mode since the news yesterday...hey now we are talking about doing a B2B :D

Andy :D

Originally the ID was meant to be leaving the shipyard on the 18th April but as they finished early then yes she will be leaving the shipyard tomorrow morning.

Hey Mines...look after that beautiful ship please :D

Fantastic news that she will be in Oslo on Monday. We cannot board until Tuesday, but if she is there at the same time as Jewel there could be some great photo opportunities. I will post some when I get home on Thursday next week.

Good to hear that everything is on schedule. I will be on her next Tuesday in Oslo so will post pictures then. I am not sure whether she will arrrive Monday evening or not. They will have to take Jewel of the Seas out of the port first.

Both ships vill be in Oslo on Monday. JW will arrive 0630 and ID 0900, but at different terminals. JW at the container harbour Sorenga and ID at the cruise terminal at Akershuskai.

In January 2006 we had a little girl, so apart from the pre-inaugurals in Southampton we have not been able to cruise proper on a Freedom class ship due to the long flight. Our cruise this May will be our daughters 4th RCCL cruise but they have all been out of Southampton or Barcelona. As soon as I found out Independence was in Southampton we booked up and she immediately became my favourite & my daughter will love the H2O zone. :D

So there you have it, the story of how Independence Of The Seas became my favourite Freedom class ship. :D :D

We intend to make the trip to Florida next year for Genesis as my daughter will be nearly 4 and we will do the Disney thing while we are over there. :D

In January 2006 we had a little girl, so apart from the pre-inaugurals in Southampton we have not been able to cruise proper on a Freedom class ship due to the long flight. Our cruise this May will be our daughters 4th RCCL cruise but they have all been out of Southampton or Barcelona. As soon as I found out Independence was in Southampton we booked up and she immediately became my favourite & my daughter will love the H2O zone. :D

So there you have it, the story of how Independence Of The Seas became my favourite Freedom class ship.

We intend to make the trip to Florida next year for Genesis as my daughter will be nearly 4 and we will do the Disney thing while we are over there. :D

Thanks for the explanation :) So this will be your first FULL cruise on a Freedom class. Enjoy it and come back to tell all about it.

With me I preferred the Liberty over the Freedom.

We had a week on Freedom and only one night on Liberty and for me personally I thought the Freedom felt unfinished. It is hard to put it into words but the Liberty felt more welcoming/warm/complete, it just had something extra,a wee bittie more sparkle :D

And from what I have been hearing from Turku, the Independence is a cracker :D

Each ship is different and each cruiser is different, each to their own :D