What to do in these Ports,traveling on Mariner

lojill

If you're into nature, there is a really nice Butterfly Farm in St. Maarten. I took the butterfly farm/Marigot shopping tour once and enjoyed it.

The best excursion we have taken in St. Thomas is the Sunset Harbour Boat Tour. It's on a catamaran, and they serve drinks throughout. It's not a wild booze cruise, as pretty much everyone is very mellow, and wanting to enjoy the sunset and quiet of the water.

(Charlotte Amalie is the city/port in St. Thomas)

Things I've done in St Maarten:

booked a massage for two at "Indulgences by the Sea", the spa at the Little Divi Bay Resort - the massage room had a huge window overlooking the sea

had lunch at "Kangaroo Court" restaurant in downtown Philipsburg (recommended to us by the receptionist at the spa)

and best of all, on my second trip, booked a pirate day cruise with a bunch of friends on the tall ship Lord Sheffield. Sailed out to a cove, went swimming and snorkeling, abundant food and drink - absolutely marvelous!

In St. Thomas, we have done a private excursion aboard the Winifred, a wooden yacht that only takes 6 people. They take you sailing, and then they anchor and the first mate takes you out snorkeling. We got great pictures of sea urchants, eels, turtles, coral reef, etc. It was one of our favorite excursions. Our second choice in St. Thomas is a tour with Godfrey. He picks you up from the pier and takes you in his open air truck downtown for some shopping. He then picks you up and takes you on a tour is the island and goes to the highest point where they have famous banana daqueries. He then takes you to a beach for some swimming. Its really a great tour.

In St. Martin, we have done the 4x4 jeep excursion through RC. It was a lot of fun. You can walk from the pier to where you get the jeeps. The driver of each jeep gets in a van and they bring them to where the jeeps are kept and about 10 minutes later they are there and everybody stays together in a convoy. We went to Marigot for shopping, and then we stopped at 2 different beaches. They stopped along the way so that we could take some pictures.

We have also done the pirate excursion aboard the Lord Sheffeld. Fantastic excursion. I would highly recommend this. It is reasonably priced and a really a great time.

I am interested in this as well. If people could also post if their excursion was booked private or through RCCL it would be helpful.

Back in 2005 DW and I took a Catamaran/Snorkel tour through RCCL in St Thomas. It was a great tour with a very nice crew on the "Castaway Girl". It was the "Catamaran Sailing & Snorkeling Tour - ST92". The crew made the trip a real "party" atmosphere, as opposed to a "boat trip"

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/shoreExcursions/product/detail/view.do;jsessionid=0000JWV0YHnn4wiyKwhNPo5AyuQ:12hbiodf7?sourcePage=shorexByPort&ProductCode=ST92&DestinationCode=CARIB

I have since started booking most excursions through 3rd party outfits, but we did enjoy this one!

We also did the Dolphins @ St. Martin on that trip, we enjoyed that also.

Archived