Kids Club for 5 year old- Century

Beth AC

Hi,

I'd love to hear from anyone who has sailed with a 5 year old-ish child and utilized the Kids Club. We're sailing on Century 3/31 with our son and I want to start getting him excited about activities they might do (and maybe, just maybe, getting a little "alone" time with the hubby!)

thanks,

Beth AC

hi beth -- my daughter was a little older - 9 at the time. but we literally had to DRAG her out of there almost every night! we made her go to dinner w/us, but afterwards, all she wanted to do was go to the kids club! we DID allow her to do dinner w/the club one night (since kids were not allowed in muranos!) and she had a ball! i don't remember all the activities they did -- there was a talent show, crafts, computer games, maybe board games, painting.... maybe someone else can offer more specific activities. there were always quite a few kids there -- even very late. we would go to pick her up and she'd beg for 30 more minutes! during the day, she would go to the pool w/us for awhile, but then wanted to go to the club. it really is the best of both worlds -- mom and dad get to enjoy some quiet time alone and the kids have a wonderful, WELL supervised place to play w/other kids. you have to sign them in and out (up to age 10, -- which i think is too young, personally). but i felt completely safe leaving her there and she loved it!! hope you ALL have a marvelous cruise!!

We've been cruising with our daughter since she was 7 months old. She is now 11 and still loves the kids club. They have all kinds of activities. If it's a caribbean cruise, they sometimes take them to the kiddie pool. Usually though, they have family bingo, crafts, computer games, always always a good time. Like the other poster, we had trouble getting her out of there at night. The activities are free until 10:00 and then you have to pay I think it's $5.00 per hour. Maybe $6.00 per hour I'm not sure. But they have a slumber party where all the kids go in their pjs. During the day, they have a ice cream eating contest, lots and lots of fun for the kids. You won't be disappointed and your kid will love it! Especially since you are going in March, there should be lots of spring break kids there. Enjoy!

Archived