Crew life

viciouslysh

I would love to mass post this link to every thread where someone has complained about the tipping. This article really makes you stop and think. Maybe instead of a crew member letting us go threw a door first, we should say “No you deserve to go first”

yeah she has 4 different pages about her experience. For some reason I thought they had it better. It does make you appreciate all those extra things they do for you and the happy faces they put on.

I worked for Carnival about 5 years ago as a youth Counselor for Camp Carnival. After reading this article I realize that Disney and Carnival treat their employees a little differently. While I agree with the very diverse choice of food in the staff mess, I could always find something to eat. Yes I ate a lot of salads but we could also order cheeseburgers with french fries if we wanted. With the mix of different cultures and backgrounds it is very hard to please everyone everyday!

I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Carnival. Americans are definitely in the minority when it comes to crew members and let me just say that you don't do it for the money :) . The experiences I gained and the people I met from all over the world opened my eyes to other cultures. You cannot go into this experience with your eyes and mind closed. I love the fact that I was able to learn about so many different cultures. By the end of my first contract which lasted about 7 months I caught my roommate who was from Austrailia saying y'all (I'm from Texas) and had picked up a few Austrailian sayings myself!

Overall the experience was great, I wouldn't change it for the world. I was a little home sick over the holidays but I made friends for life and was able to travel to places I wouldn't have been able to go to on my own. I would recommend it to anyone who has just graduated college, loves to travel and is not tied down. This is not a lifestyle for someone with a significant other!

Archived