Last Minute Questions

travelmommy75

Our family leaves for our first Disney cruise Thursday and are quite excited. I have a couple final questions:

1) Do the characters give autographs? Do they sell autograph books on board for the kids to use? Or, where have people found them in stores? I would like to be prepared in advance

2) Picture frames - what should I buy? Frames with mattes inside? Or just frames and have them sign the frame itself?

3) This seems neurotic, but I have a question about the fold-down bunk. Are there rails just on the side or are there rails on the ends? I have only seen pictures and video of the rails on the sides, and I can't imagine that is going to keep my 4 year-old in bed :eek:

Thanks a million!

Yes Characters sign books at the autograph session and other times

The bunk if I remember doesn't have rails on the end but I think you can ask for them. It is kinda high and I personally would not put a 4 yr old up there but it is your judgement.

Have a WONDERful and MAGICal cruise!!!!!

They do sell autograph books in the store, it opens around 6 at night the first night. I think they cost about $5.

Most stores like wal mart have autograph books too. At least here in Florida they do.

There are lots of character meets on board, your Navigator paper will tell you when and where they are. Photos are taken then too. sometimes they will designate photos only for a session, just so the line goes faster for people.

arrive 10 minutes early so once it starts you can zip right through everyone there before they have to go in.

Characters often wonder the outer decks in the afternoons, so keep your book with you if your up by the pools. You never know who will show up!!

also once you arrive at Castaway cay there will be a few characters along the way to the beach for autographs and photos too.

The lines are short and move fast because everyone wants to get to the beach. take your time, enjoy the characters along the way.

Times they are out will be posted in yoru Navigator.

also if you want a picture with Capt. Jack Sparrow, walk to the beach, do NOT take the tram because you will miss him. The picture is awesome because the Flying Dutchman is behind you. take the time to get this photo. it is unique to say the least. again, check the time. He is out about 30 minutes twice while your there.

We are on the same cruise as you!!:D

I have a cruise meets thread on the roll call boards, you should stop by and say hello, I would love to say Howdy to you!!

we are having a meet on board, I hope you will drop by and say hello there too.:)

2:45 p.m. on Thursday in the Promenade Lounge.

This will be our 16th DCL cruise, so if I can help with any other questions or you just want to get aquainted you can feel free to e-mail me too.

sixtoedfrog@yahoo.com

I hope to hear from you soon. Please put the cruise date or something like that on the subject line so I know it is you or I may delete you.

frames you can do either way, but most buy the frame that can be signed so they can put a cruise photo in it with all the signatures all around the picture. It really looks great that way.

mom x4,grandma x4

Archived