Disembarking in Seattle - timing?

aaklang

I am sailing round trip from Seattle to Alaska on Infinity in May. The itinerary says we dock at 6 a.m. on the last day. Does anyone know what time actual disembarking will start and how they determine the timing? We are going to be traveling with a baby and I can't imagine getting up and out that early!

We have a 4 p.m. flight, so there won't be a huge rush to get to the airport on time (air was not booked through Celebrity).

Thanks!

Hi aaklang,

We are taking the same cruise in June. Though I don’t know this as a fact, earlier discussions left me to believe that debarkation will start around 7:00 and probably everyone will be off the ship by a little after 9:00. Of course if there are any problems with customs or the ship those numbers will be later. What I do know though is they need everyone off the ship ASAP so the next passengers can start boarding by as soon as noon. You may want to check the posts on the “westcoast departures” board here on CC.

Have a great cruise,

John

Hi,

We were on a Mercury sailing last September out of Seattle at Pier 66.

The ship docked long before dawn and the early morning activities of a relaxing breakfast were very nice.

Actual disembarking began about 7:30 a.m. by groups, and all passengers were allowed to go ashore by shortly after 9:00 a.m.

With so much time to spare before your flight, you might take advantage of the shops and other things along the waterfront, or go up the hill to Pike Place Market.

Be advised, Pier 66 cruise terminal is a fairly small facility. While they do have excellent space ratios for embarkation and for retrieving luggage post-cruise, there is NO lobby area or even a decent sitting area during disembarkation. Should the weather be inclement, plan to have an umbrella available while you wait for taxi or other transportation.

Have a marvelous cruise!! We love Infinity!

CM

When we left the ship, we rolled our luggage across the street and asked one of the bellmen at the Marriott if we could check our carry-on luggage there (we had used the air valet onboard and never saw our 'big' luggage until we got home)...the answer was yes (for the price of a tip) and we were off to Pike's St Market - via close by elevator to street above the dock. Had several fun hours and a snack and ambled back to the Marriott where the bellman suggested calling a limo to take us to the airport for just a few dollars more than a taxi! Great way to end the trip without stress!

When we left the ship, we rolled our luggage across the street and asked one of the bellmen at the Marriott if we could check our carry-on luggage there (we had used the air valet onboard and never saw our 'big' luggage until we got home)...the answer was yes (for the price of a tip) and we were off to Pike's St Market - via close by elevator to street above the dock. Had several fun hours and a snack and ambled back to the Marriott where the bellman suggested calling a limo to take us to the airport for just a few dollars more than a taxi! Great way to end the trip without stress!

Can you give me a bit more information as to which Marriott this is? Even the street name would be good.

thx

Thanks for the info and the tips on storing the luggage at the Marriott - what a great idea! Am I reading correctly that it is an easy walk to Pike's Place from the dock? We'll have our baby with us (in a stroller) and would love to be able to just walk around the market until it's time to go to the airport.

I'll check out the west coast departures board too - didn't realize that even existed.

I am sailing round trip from Seattle to Alaska on Infinity in May. The itinerary says we dock at 6 a.m. on the last day. Does anyone know what time actual disembarking will start and how they determine the timing? We are going to be traveling with a baby and I can't imagine getting up and out that early!

We have a 4 p.m. flight, so there won't be a huge rush to get to the airport on time (air was not booked through Celebrity).

Thanks!

We are cruising in July (and also have a 4 p.m. flight, not booked through Celebrity) so we booked a post cruise 3 hour tour of lake union with airport transfers for $60 bucks...otherwise we would just be shlepping our luggage around with us all day long (since airline will usually not permit luggage checkin prior to 3 hrs).

Archived