Best way to find a Carnival deal???

Cruisemaiden

Hey everyone!

I have not posted in quite awhile! I am looking for a good way to find a good deal on a Carnival cruise for February or March.

You see...my dad is in his final stages of Lung Cancer, I have been by his side morning noon and night for the last several weeks, the hospice nurse says that he will pass any day now.

I feel like when this nightmare is all over my DH and I need to get away for awhile....it has been very stressful!

Anywho....if you have any good secrets or know of any great websites for finding deals, I would love to hear them!

I am sorry about your father. I know that you are very stressed.

All I know to do is to tell you is research daily. Look at every site you can look at. Beleive it or not my NYE Fantasy cruise I was able to get a better deal on a travel site than Carnival. You know how Carnival totes that they can beat any price, well they could not beat this price. They said that the special I was being offered at the travel site was an old special and they could no longer honor it on Carnival reservations.

Research saved me about $200 and got me a decent upgrade.

So sorry to here about your father, no easy way to deal with those situations.

As far as deals, I have tp agree with the others, daily search's on multiple cruise/travel sites is the best way to find the deals. I saved $ and got upgrades for our upcoming cruise by using X. But, next time it may be another site.

cruisemaiden,

We are in a very similar situation. My DH's mother is in the final throws of lung cancer. Unfortunately, he didn't feel comfortable with booking a cruise when I found a great deal, so we decided that I will just take my DS for a graduation present before he goes away to college (*sniff*). We ended up with a deal of 759 p/p for a balcony guarantee on April 19th on the Carnival Glory.

Thanks everyone! Geesh...I sware if I can get on a ship I would run thru the decks screaming, laughing, crying it would make me feel SO GOOD!.....I just feel right now like I could jump out of my own skin... my dad has been sick for a year and it is hard to watch someone die that is for darn sure. You would think that it would be a bit easier as my mom died from the same thing (lung cancer) when she was only 42, my dad is 66, but death is never easy even if you have been thru it before. I have to spend the night at my dads tonight and let me tell ya....it is ONE LONG NIGHT....I am so afraid of him going in front of me.....he has been seeing others (his sister and my brother) that passed on so I know the time is fast aproaching...the hospice nurse says when they get close to death...they start seeing spirits one by one. *shivers*

I am thinkin I want to go on my trip late February or March sometime as things should be done and over with by then for sure. I just need something to look forward to I guess....I want to have a count down to something I can look forward to, something fun.

Thank you all for your posts, keep them coming!

I know of a good site.

Are we not allowed to give the names out?

Per the Cruise Critic TOS (Terms of Service):

"Our Cruise Boards are meant to be a cruiser's exchange of advice and tips where cruisers can talk about their travels -- not a marketplace for advertising and selling services. There are thousands of cruise professionals online and if we didn't insist on a non-solicitation policy the cruise boards would be very quickly overrun with nothing but ads.

Cruise Critic defines advertising as an individual or company's attempt to generate business or other commercial enterprise, either directly or indirectly, by using our Cruise Board. Solicitation includes, but is not limited to, requests to be E-mailed, the posting of phone numbers for your business, and the referring to or posting of one's own Web site address.

There shall be no third-party recommendation of travel agencies on any forums within Cruise Critic. General discussions regarding the TYPE of AGENCY to be used to purchase a cruise will be allowed, as long as no recommendations for any source of purchase are posted.

Touting of your personal cruise agent is not allowed on our message boards. Postings that contain "tell them John sent you" will be removed without notice."

Thanks for your understanding and adherence to these rules.

Hey everyone!

I have not posted in quite awhile! I am looking for a good way to find a good deal on a Carnival cruise for February or March.

You see...my dad is in his final stages of Lung Cancer, I have been by his side morning noon and night for the last several weeks, the hospice nurse says that he will pass any day now.

I feel like when this nightmare is all over my DH and I need to get away for awhile....it has been very stressful!

Anywho....if you have any good secrets or know of any great websites for finding deals, I would love to hear them!

So sorry about your father. My stepkids, 12 & 17 (at the time) lost their mother to lung cancer May 25th last year. It was a tough deal. God Bless You and your family.

When we booked our 1st cruise last year I just checked lots of different web sites and found an online TA that got me the best deal, and I booked with them again for our cruise this year. Just keep looking and get quotes from several different ones and go with the best.

Good luck and God Bless.

I have found that more times than not my PVP can't get me as good of price as I find on internet sites. I have several that I check frequently. Google cheap cruise sites and see what happens. I am very loyal to the lowest price...hey it is the same ship and nobody knows what you paid once you are onboard. Good luck.

I too am sorry to hear about your father. As far as the best prices I've found were by doing an online search for agencies that compete for best cruise prices. I would love to be one of the ones that swears my PVP is the best and has the best prices around etc but that's not the case. For each of the 4 cruises I've booked I gave the PVP's ample opportunity to provide me with the lowest prices and each time they said they couldn't beat the prices I got online. I don't need any hand holding so there really is no need for me to pay more through a PVP. Of course you want to make sure any price you are quoted includes all of the taxes and port fees. I much prefer that agencies compete for my business rather than to pay as much as the next guy by calling a PVP. As far as price drops and OBC's I've never been able to take advantage of it since the price I book at has always been much lower than any of the sales. I get the past guest price through the online agencies as well so really no real need for me to utilize a PVP. :) Good luck and I hope you find a wonderful cruise that will meet your needs during this difficult time.

Thanks everyone! Geesh...I sware if I can get on a ship I would run thru the decks screaming, laughing, crying it would make me feel SO GOOD!.....I just feel right now like I could jump out of my own skin... my dad has been sick for a year and it is hard to watch someone die that is for darn sure. You would think that it would be a bit easier as my mom died from the same thing (lung cancer) when she was only 42, my dad is 66, but death is never easy even if you have been thru it before. I have to spend the night at my dads tonight and let me tell ya....it is ONE LONG NIGHT....I am so afraid of him going in front of me.....he has been seeing others (his sister and my brother) that passed on so I know the time is fast aproaching...the hospice nurse says when they get close to death...they start seeing spirits one by one. *shivers*

I am thinkin I want to go on my trip late February or March sometime as things should be done and over with by then for sure. I just need something to look forward to I guess....I want to have a count down to something I can look forward to, something fun.

Thank you all for your posts, keep them coming!

I am so sorry to hear about your dad.. what a horrible time you and your family are going thru.. good for you for trying to think of something positive.. we always need something to look forward to...

I have to spend the night at my dads tonight and let me tell ya....it is ONE LONG NIGHT....I am so afraid of him going in front of me.....

Don't be afraid. My husband was by his moms side when she passed and I was sleeping in the bed next to her. He woke me up and said he thought she was gone - she hadn't taken a breath in at least one minute. Sure nuf, she had passed and a big relief came across him knowing she died in peace with no more pain. He is really grateful we were there when she passed so she wasn't alone. Other family members had left to get some sleep as we all had been taking turns. I definately think being there makes it better.

Sorry to hear about your father!! I was in the same position that you are in. To help one thing would kill him and to help another would do the same. Although my father only let us know he was sick about a month before he died. But I'm sure your father would be alright with it if you went on your cruise he will understand He knows that you are there for him regardless of where your at. So enjoy your cruise if and when you take it.:)

Hey everyone!

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and suggestions....just a quick note to let you know my dad passed away last night. I am going to try and get away on a cruise hopefully sometime in March....

Sorry to hear of the loss of your Father.

Go to E-Bay and search for Carnival --than coupons.

I bought 3- $100 off stateroom for 2 for $2.98 shipping inc.

I was already booked but Carnival still accepted it without any problem.

Enjoy you cruise!!

Bob

becareful with the coupons- You got lucky if the coupons were placed on your already booked cruise. (i hope they dont come back to you later)

sometimes a deal can be had for a past cruiser--or a resident rate--even a senior discount... the coupon can noot be used with other discounts.

Coupon is for super saver rate only and can not be combined. What happens if he price comes down- are you entitled to the discount by using a super saver rate?

becareful with the coupons- You got lucky if the coupons were placed on your already booked cruise. (i hope they dont come back to you later)

sometimes a deal can be had for a past cruiser--or a resident rate--even a senior discount... the coupon can noot be used with other discounts.

Coupon is for super saver rate only and can not be combined. What happens if he price comes down- are you entitled to the discount by using a super saver rate?

Hey everyone!

Sorry to hear about your Father.

Go to the top of this page-the 3rd word from the left is DEALS. Click on that, you will see some offers and more important, links to their sites. Go to all of their websites, get phone #'s, call them, they can offer better deals verbally than they can post on line.

Also At the top of this page, look below the header outline. There are TA's advertising there [supporting this board!] Click on them, visit their websites, call them, get verbal quotes [they will be confirmed by email.]

All you need to know is on this page!

Dan

Archived