Sorry but I just need to make sure

kiraryker

So lets say I give them my credit card for my S & S card then they put a hold on my card-for a certain amount? Am I able to use that card lets say at the ports??

Then at the end of the cruise I am able to just pay cash for what ever was charged and there won't be any charge on my credit card?

Depends on what your bank statement look slike. If you are like me and go paycheck to paycheck, don't use your debit card on the ship for your S & S card. The hold will automatically deduct it from your account, and whatever is not used inthe end will show ack up as a credit to your bank account about 5-7 days later. I made the mistake of sending out bills before I left home, and took out enough cash to cover my expenses. I used the debit card and told them I would be paying cash though. they didn't tell me that the $300 dollar deposit would be deducted from my account (even tough it was a 'hold'). I then found out that I had 3 checks that 'bounced' but were paid, while I was on vacation, and I was charged an overlimit fee. Once the $300 was put back into the account my bank took $35 each check.

Moral of the story; don't use your debit card if you really aren't gonna use it to pay your bill. Just give them about $50-$100 per day deposit for yourself, and if you don't use it all, they will refund it before oyu leave the ship. You can always add more money to it if you want to spend more.

Thanks! now I understand - it's just that on the forms they sent me to fill out they want the last 4 digits of a credit card for your sign & sail - but if you want to just put cash down then I suppose you have to tell them right away at the counter.

I hope it is not a nightmare to do that.

Thanks! now I understand - it's just that on the forms they sent me to fill out they want the last 4 digits of a credit card for your sign & sail - but if you want to just put cash down then I suppose you have to tell them right away at the counter.

I hope it is not a nightmare to do that.

No nightmare. Just put down what you think will be enough $$ and periodically check your account on your room T.V. and that way you can add to it if needed. the only drawback to using cash for you S&S card is that on the last night you'll need to settle your account and get any money back you didn't use, which puts you in a position of not spending any money to drink or gamble later into the night. On my last night, I just amde sure to leave enough $$ for my usual 2 drink maximum, and $20 that I allow myself to play the slots with. As you can tell, I'm a cheapo, and just cruise for the sun, sights, sounds, and shows! Have fun on your cruise this weekend, you lucky dog. I still have 7 1/2 months...ugh!

No nightmare. Just put down what you think will be enough $$ and periodically check your account on your room T.V. and that way you can add to it if needed. the only drawback to using cash for you S&S card is that on the last night you'll need to settle your account and get any money back you didn't use, which puts you in a position of not spending any money to drink or gamble later into the night. On my last night, I just amde sure to leave enough $$ for my usual 2 drink maximum, and $20 that I allow myself to play the slots with. As you can tell, I'm a cheapo, and just cruise for the sun, sights, sounds, and shows! Have fun on your cruise this weekend, you lucky dog. I still have 7 1/2 months...ugh!

:cool: :cool: I was okay up until your third last statement "As you can tell, I'm a cheapo" - I think we all are of the same mind set. The four s's work for me - except you missed and it ends in 'ex. Have a great cruise. :cool:

:cool: :cool: I was okay up until your third last statement "As you can tell, I'm a cheapo" - I think we all are of the same mind set. The four s's work for me - except you missed and it ends in 'ex. Have a great cruise. :cool:

Funny!! and Thanks!! I am sooo looking forward to this cruise - we are supposed to warm up to a high of 3 today!!!! Can't wait to get outta this barren frozen land!!! I just keep rubbing into my co-workers faces (don't you hate people like that!) HA HA

Archived