Itineraries ?

tcs1366

When you book your cruise, many choose it for the itinerary ... but how accurate is that? meaning - i was reading a post where they stated they didn't get the final itinerary until they arrived at the ship.

so, now as i browse this site ... i found a page that lists itineraries --- so i clicked on "Western" because that is where I'm going ... then saw the link for Costa Maya, since that is where we were supposed to be going... and found this under Carnival Cruises

Last Updated: 09/28/07

star2.bmp Carnival Glory is adding Key West (and dropping Belize as well as Costa Maya). Its new schedule is Port Canaveral, Key West, at sea, Cozumel, Progreso, at sea, Nassau, Port Canaveral.

So -- does this mean that we may not even be going to Belize either??? and this list is pretty much our new itinerary -- or i will not find out the REAL one until we get there?

We are trying to research different shore excursions for the various ports... but if the ports will be different, how do we know what to plan for?

and the other thing is.... our TA did not even contact us regarding any changes [or that is not part of her job] regarding Costa Maya ... when i read about it, i contacted her.

btw -- we are leaving 2-23-08 / 3-1-08 Glory, western caribbean

and info would be great.

Some of the western Caribbean ports were hit pretty hard by hurricanes in 2007. The rate of rebuilding can vary (as you can imagine). I would think that your TA should have known about this, or at least checked for you.

You can stay up to date via Carnival's website.

When you are cruising, if there is a bad storm, the captain will steer clear. So your itinerary could change even when you are on-board. This is in the fine print. Safety is always the number one concern. This is more common during hurricane season, as you can expect.

When you book private excursions, the tour operators understand that you might not make it if there is a weather situation or if the water is rough and you cannot tender (if it is a tender port). Just ask them how they handle this. They are used to this from cruise ship passengers and, in my experience, always make accommodations. I have found this info on their website, but you can always ask if you cannot find it.

Archived