Cruise shows on TV 1/21-1/25

Irishlinny

Hey, there are shows on cruising all week on the Travel Channel at 7 pm EST.

We watched one last nite about the do's and dont's of cruising (we knew most of it, but was nice to see the ships).

Tonite is about a Disney ship with behind the scenes stuff.

Tomorrow is a show about Residensea...largest cruise ship and meant to be lived on full time.

Thursday is Great Cruises: Radiance of the Seas

Fri has a double. At 7 is Samantha Brown's 1st cruise (Mediterranean itnerary);

and at 8 is her cruise on Freedom of the Seas (W Caribbean itinerary).

Just thought I would spread the word for any cruise fanatics like me! Seems like most are RCCL ships, but still nice to see! And a good way for those of us with the unbooked blues to pass the time............:D

Thanks for taking the time to let everyone know...:) ...I love watching them just to see the ocean...;)

My pleasure! And I agree! Nice way to pass the gloomy winter nites....

And I would rather watch repeats of cruising shows than repeats of repeats of other shows!:D

I saw that also last night. Good information for first-time cruisers. Many of these shows are the same ones they play over and over(Residensea/Radiance). I wish they would update for more ships. I'm DVRing the Samantha Brown shows. Those look interesting.

I saw that also last night. Good information for first-time cruisers. Many of these shows are the same ones they play over and over(Residensea/Radiance). I wish they would update for more ships. I'm DVRing the Samantha Brown shows. Those look interesting.

Yes, some very good info for 1st timers! And you're right...would be nice to see some new shows.

So, I see you've done a few RCCL's and now have done a Carnival.....how would you compare the 2?

Yes, some very good info for 1st timers! And you're right...would be nice to see some new shows.

So, I see you've done a few RCCL's and now have done a Carnival.....how would you compare the 2?

I was very impressed with my first Carnival cruise on Freedom. Had read alot on this site about how Carnival decor was "over the top" - however I found it very appropriate for a cruise ship. Had a great time. Comparing it to my last RCCL cruise on Jewel, Carnival was much better. Staff was friendlier, alot more non-buffet food options (the grilled corned beef sandwiches were excellent snacks), rooms much better appointed. I'm glad I like Carnival because there are alot of short, cheaper cruises leaving from Tampa - no flying involved. Makes it easier to do last minute cruising. My girlfriend and I booked the 2/21/08 Inspiration only a week ago. If you have more questions, probably best to start a new thread.

I was very impressed with my first Carnival cruise on Freedom. Had read alot on this site about how Carnival decor was "over the top" - however I found it very appropriate for a cruise ship. Had a great time. Comparing it to my last RCCL cruise on Jewel, Carnival was much better. Staff was friendlier, alot more non-buffet food options (the grilled corned beef sandwiches were excellent snacks), rooms much better appointed. I'm glad I like Carnival because there are alot of short, cheaper cruises leaving from Tampa - no flying involved. Makes it easier to do last minute cruising. My girlfriend and I booked the 2/21/08 Inspiration only a week ago. If you have more questions, probably best to start a new thread.

Nope, no more questions....just thought I would get your take on the 2...thanks so much for the input!:D (And yes, those grilled corned beefs are YUMMY!!!!!!!) Have fun on the Inspiration!:)

Archived