Cruiser Weight

Hotfire

Some of you can probably relate to this...

I tend to pack on a few pounds over the holidays. I am now attempting to reach my "Cruiser Weight". You know, the weight I'd like to attain before boarding Freedom on 3/22. It's a double entendre. One of the weight classes in boxing is cruiser weight and the other is self explanatory.

Other than the obvious: eat smarter, get more exercise (already doing both). Any tips on how to lose that spare tire around my mid-section?

After 2 weeks I'm down 10 pounds. I want to be able to take off my shirt by the pool w/o embarrassing myself :)

I know, I know... getting away from the holiday buffet table is almost as difficult as walking away from a cruise buffet.

Hotfire

10 lbs in 2 weeks is FAR beyond the normal curve (1-2 lbs a week is normal)... I agree, keep doing what you're doing!

You can't really target weight loss, because your body decides where fat comes off, not your brain. LOL! But what you're doing is the smartest way to go about it. :)

If you haven't already, I suggest working in some strength training exercises to tone your muscles, which serves two purposes: 1) it boosts your metabolism, and 2) when the fat comes off, you're "ripped" underneath. :D

I am doing WW and after 2 weeks I too am down 10lbs...the first thing to go was my belly which is so great! Keep it up! There is a board here for just that and there are tons of us supporting each other go down to the bottom of the boards to "lose before you cruise" We check in with each other daily and give each other great tips! This has been helping me stay on task!

Archived