Security on board

summerwind2

OK, I may be on the wrong board, but a question regarding safety of stuff on Constellation.

If we take a good camera and a laptop, etc. or other stuff like I pod, whatever, what precautions do we need to take. Can we leave it safely in the cabin? Is the safe large enough? Should it be locked up in our luggage when we are out of the cabin? Never done this before, but would really like to have all the toys!

Any advice would be great...just want to know that if we take it , it will come home with us!

Please don't take this the wrong way, but....It is not a question of security, it is a question of common sense.

There are safes in the cabins. Use them. All it takes is one dishonest employee to ruin a vacation. And I am sure they are like hotels in the US--Not only are they not responsible, but why should they be when they provide complimentary safes?

While we have never had a problem in over 10 years, its always better to be safe than sorry.

The small items will fit into the safe, and a laptop can slide into a drawer so it is not left in the open.

Being said, we have left everything out from wallets, to jewelry and have never had anything go missing......not that we left things out on purpose, but because of being in a rush, or having to run out for a few minutes.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just try and be careful with your items. Also remember if they're that valuable they should either be insured or left at home if they can't be replaced as they can be dropped, forgotten in cabs, or during excursions, or simply stolen in foreign ports.

Dave:eek:

I agree with the above posters. If you use common sense, you shouldn't have a problem. Ask yourself, if you were to leave a hotel room in the morning knowing full well that the maid will clean the room while you are gone, would you leave your valuables out in the open? It is essentially the same on a cruise ship. Most of the crew are honest, hard working individuals, but there is always the chance, simply out of human nature, that you might pull the thief as your cabin steward. I have cruised for over 20 years and have lost only one item in a cabin - my birth certificate - and believe that the cabin steward disposed of it accidentally. But I still will not leave my valuables out in the open when I am going to leave the cabin for the day or evening. Use the safe. That's what it's there for.

• 2 weeks later...
OK, I may be on the wrong board, but a question regarding safety of stuff on Constellation.

If we take a good camera and a laptop, etc. or other stuff like I pod, whatever, what precautions do we need to take. Can we leave it safely in the cabin? Is the safe large enough? Should it be locked up in our luggage when we are out of the cabin? Never done this before, but would really like to have all the toys!

Any advice would be great...just want to know that if we take it , it will come home with us!

Don't get me wrong, but telling everybody on this site of what valuable you are going to bring, is not a good idea, especially if you post your stateroom number.

For the I-pod, you can borrow one at the library, when you get on board, as for laptop, unless you think of bringing your work with you on cruise, If it is for your photos, I suggest 2 SD cards and a lot of batteries or two sets of rechargeable one and a charger. Also there are possibilities to have your pictures put on a CD at the photo shop on the ship

Have a nice trip

Archived