Cape Liberty Luggage Drop Off and Parking

parfect

Will be sailing out of Cape Liberty in March and was wondering what experiences people have had with luggage drop off and parking. I understand there is a lane that you drive up to drop off luggage and passengers. Is this usually a stress/pain-free process, or does this area get heavily conjested? Is it easier just to park the car and wheel your luggage over to the check-in? How far a walk is it from the parking lot to the terminal? Any assistance anyone can provide would be much appreciated.:) :)

We are leaving on Friday from this port, and from what I have read is most people drop off their luggage, along with 1 person to coordinate with the porter, and the driver goes to park the car.

If the ship arrives on time, it appears to be a good system. If the ship is arrives late due to bad weather, etc, it appears to be mayhem!

I can let you know when I return or I am sure someone with real experience will chime in.

Where you drop off luggage and check in is a long way from where the ship is docked. You enter a drop off area, dump the luggage and then proceed to the pay parking. There is a processing building, where the check in happens and where we wait for the shuttle buses to run us down in groups to the ship.

Thanks Ocean State. Will be looking forward to your report on your return.

Thanks JJSMaine. Was the traffic to drop off the luggage easy to manage, or would you suggest it would be easier to just walk our luggage from the parking area over to the check-in? Thanks.

Thanks Ocean State. Will be looking forward to your report on your return.

Thanks JJSMaine. Was the traffic to drop off the luggage easy to manage, or would you suggest it would be easier to just walk our luggage from the parking area over to the check-in? Thanks.

LOL... I am parroting what I have read here and haven't been myself. The key is traffic and the ships timely arrival. If she is on time traffic is light. If it is late it tends to clog it all up.

It is easier to just drop the luggage off because you have to drive through that area to get to the parking.

• 2 weeks later...
Will be sailing out of Cape Liberty in March and was wondering what experiences people have had with luggage drop off and parking. I understand there is a lane that you drive up to drop off luggage and passengers. Is this usually a stress/pain-free process, or does this area get heavily conjested? Is it easier just to park the car and wheel your luggage over to the check-in? How far a walk is it from the parking lot to the terminal? Any assistance anyone can provide would be much appreciated.:) :)

Anybody out there with some recent experience? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived