Sante Wellness Center

CabinForFour

We visited the Sante Wellness Center during our stop in Roatan aboard the Paradise. Since Roatan has an actual dock, we were some of the first people off the ship a few minutes before 7:00 AM to meet Angela. We had six people in our party and were joined by another six Paradise cruisers for the trip to Sante.

After a 20-minute drive through beautiful Roatan followed by a short boat ride from the main part of the island to Sante’s private island, we had a light breakfast of fruit, muffins and juices. Since we weren’t scheduled for our spa services yet, we all explored the beautiful grounds of the spa facility and looked for seashells on the beach. Our DHs had booked a snorkeling excursion from Sante through another vendor with Angela's help, and the ladies were anxiously awaiting massages and facials.

When the DHs left on their snorkeling excursion and my two female companions were called to their respective treatment rooms for their massages, I settled into a hammock and read for about an hour while listening to the birds and the waves. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh… My one-hour massage was heavenly, and I left Sante feeling totally relaxed. About 1:00, we headed back to the ship. We shopped briefly near the port and then boarded the ship for lunch. Our visit to Sante was definitely a wonderful way to spend our day in Roatan, and I would highly recommend it. You can see photos of our visit here or read my full Paradise review here. Happy cruising, everyone!

Two Little Sailors: Victoria's First and Benjamin's Fourth cruise -- Carnival Victory, October 2003

Benjamin Sails to Bermuda-- Carnival Triumph, May 2002

Benjamin's Birthday Cruise -- Carnival Destiny, Jan. 2002

Benjamin's First Cruise -- Carnival Victory 2000

Paradise 3/04 - Exotic W. Caribbean

Carnival Victory 10/03 - Bahamas

Carnival Triumph 5/02 - Bermuda

Carnival Destiny 1/02 - S. Caribbean

Carnival Victory 10/00 - Nassau

Inspiration 7/99 - S. Caribbean

Tropicale 1/99 - W. Caribbean

Carnival Destiny 7/97 - W. Caribbean

Fantasy 4/96 - Bahamas

Fantasy 7/94 - Bahamas

• 2 months later...

We're going to be in Roatan at the end of July and I'm considering Sante Wellness Center for massages. One thing I'm not sure about though is that we'll have our two boys with us, ages 6 and 8. If we bring them with us to Sante is there anything for them to do? Would we have to stagger the massages so that one of us can supervise the kids (and can we even do that?) Or would we have to leave them behind on the ship?

Moore 4, as you can see from our posting under Our visit to Sante Day Spa, we loved the wellness centre; but we were a group of adults. The best way to find out what Angela and Leon Missagia can do for kids is to send them an email or call them. Their U.S. telephone number is 1-510-315-1238. Their email address is sante@globalnet.hn. Their web site is http://www.santewellnesscenter.com/.

Hello,

Just so you know, the spa accommodates children too. There is a day use fee that is all inclusive. Available for their enjoyment: beach, pool, kayak (with supervision) and snorkeling (with supervision also of course). We have a nice assortment of island parrots, which is interesting, educational, and entertaining.

And Rufus, our chief concierge, is always ready to help out if someone needs something to do.

Children have had a nice time here, and we can work the massages so that someone is attending to them at all times.

I only ask that they not be too rowdy, in the event others are enjoying the tranquility of our location and services.

Hope that helps.

Angela

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Joanandjoe, and all participants,

To answer your question...Hortensia is my middle name, maternal grandmothers name, and a lovely flower.

Anyway, just want to let board participants know, the day spa is a relaxing location for anyone of any age.

We're happy to accommodate families, couples, and individuals looking for some down time.

With the sea and reef just off shore, there is plenty to do for all.

So while Mom and Dad may decide on a relaxing spa treatment, the children can enjoy the beach, kayaking, snorkeling, pool, and our assortment of island parrots (that spend their time in the trees on the beach).

I encourage board members to get in touch with their questions and comments since we are more than happy to help where we can.

Enjoy your cruise!!

Angela

Archived