How many of you have good intentions?

kiraryker

Hi Tammy:) hope you are doing well.....maybe one of these

days we will end up on the same ship!

Hi Lois! I keep thinking that one of these days after all the years we've been on these boards we would end up on the same ship. Unfortunately . . . I've been cruising on Carnival lately (much kinder on the single crusiser's budget) and I know how you love Celebrity . . . I have to admit, my cruise on Galaxy was one of my favorites).

I'm another one that is at the gym most every day and sometimes twice a day. One of the things I enjoyed on our cruise was being able to work out at my leisure...no shopping or dinner or job to get back to. So yes, I definitely take my gear with me, and use it. It's just part of my day. :o

(For the poster that said their gym smelled of sweat and gym shoes...good grief...go to a decent gym!!)

I brought my workout clothes and shoes on my first cruise, only to find that the movement of the ship, watching the water, and the eliptical do not mix well for my system!!!! I was so motion sick after trying that! Now, I just bring the shoes and do a lot of walking on deck and take the stairs as much as possible. I've since conquered seasickness (under normal sea conditions, with bonine), so I might try it again next time.

I also bring workout clothes and go to the gym every day - gotta burn off the wine and extra indulgences. If I didn't I would be able to feel it in my clothes by the end of the trip and would be miserable when I got home.

If I didn't I would be able to feel it in my clothes by the end of the trip and would be miserable when I got home.

Me, too and it is so not worth it! Working out is an important part of my daily life and has been since it was my New Year's resolution in 1985.

Caviargirl - I agree totally. I cannot imagine not getting some type of exercise most days!! I actually look forward to the gym and classes on the ship, because they are different. I get to use a different treadmill, different elliptical, new classes, and equipment set-up changes, etc!! Lots of times I fit in 2, because walking or running outside is so heavenly!

The performance material they have now makes it so easy - it is so light! A quick rinse in the sink and it dries quickly. I feel like this enhances my vacation instead of feeling like something I "have" to do!:D

My workout clothes double as beach clothes, so I don't feel like I'm wasting space. Pair of adidas shorts that I wear to the beach also can go to the gym, same for many "day" shirts. If I get to go to the gym, great. If not, well, it's not like they take up that much space anyway. Usually, I don't get to the gym, but then again, I very rarely go to the gym back home.

:cool: Ok, I have only been on one cruise, I go to a gym 3-4 days a week at home, brought the extra stuff in case I wanted to work out a couple days (sports bras, loose shorts, etc) didn't use them, thought I would... leaving in a few days and will pack them again, (I WILL use them this time!!):p

By the way, where were all you guys? not on my ship, the gym always seemed empty....hehehehehhe. Or maybe my lazy, vacationing butt was still in bed while all the good doobies were getting their workout in:)

Amy

:cool: Ok, I have only been on one cruise, I go to a gym 3-4 days a week at home, brought the extra stuff in case I wanted to work out a couple days (sports bras, loose shorts, etc) didn't use them, thought I would... leaving in a few days and will pack them again, (I WILL use them this time!!):p

By the way, where were all you guys? not on my ship, the gym always seemed empty....hehehehehhe. Or maybe my lazy, vacationing butt was still in bed while all the good doobies were getting their workout in:)

Amy

The only time our gym was really busy was on the sea days. I usually am in there late, after dinner. Early morning will find me running on the deck, but my son preferred to run at night. He did a 7 mile run the night of the midnight buffet! :p

Archived