BA vs. BB. vs. BF more information!

Soprrrano

:o Is there a page on Princess' website that tells explicitly the difference between the different categories of rooms? Except for giving information about what kind of room, i.e, balcony, inside, suite, etc, and location, what is the difference? For example on the Crown Princess, in the balcony category, I only found the BF category on the Baja Deck and we are given the information that toward the back and front are BE, the large middle are BD, two right before the front are BF, and the first two right at the front are BG. On the Caribe deck, the BA means the middle, on either side of the middle is BB. On the Dolphin and Emerald decks, the BB is at the very back of the ship.

What is the BF room and why are their only 4 rooms on the entire ship with this category type?

Is there a page on the Princess website that explains the different cabins?

And for the size of the balcony. Caribe deck balcony's are twice the size of other decks. We have a 'BB' on the Emerald in April - half open and half covered. If you spend any amount of time on a balcony during your cruise they are well worth it

With the obvious exception of suites and mini-suites, the rooms are pretty much the same. Some have balconies, some just windows and others are inside. The only thing really different is the location, a higher or lower deck and a forward, aft or middle location on the deck.

What might help you is order a brochure of the area that you are going. In the brochure is a colored map of the ship and it shows it color-coded by catagory on all of the decks. It is what I use. i do not use the one in the Princess site. So everytime I purchase a cruise, if I do not have the book that my ship's diagram is in I simple go to the princess site and order one. It is on the bottom of page 1.

marilyn

Princess' balcony categories on the "Grand Class" ships (Grand, Golden, Caribbean, Crown, Emerald, Ruby, Diamond etc) are confusing since though they are priced by deck (higher more costly) and by centrality (mid ships priced higher than aft or forward), Princess has made the balconies on the Caribe deck twice as large balconies on the other decks. Caribe deck balconies are sized 9 ft. wide x 9 ft. deep. Lido, Riviera, Baja, Aloha balconies are sized 9 ft. wide x 5 ft. deep. Emerald deck balconies (not mini-suites) are not true balconies in that they do not overlook the water but rather than walking promenade.

So, if balcony size is not important to you, choose the balcony category that is priced for your budget. If balcony size is important, choose Category BB or BA AND pick your cabin to be located on Caribe deck for the larger balcony.

Be aware that booking a BA or BB category and not choosing your cabin could end with a cabin assignment on other decks with smaller balconies.

Hoep this helps. Enjoy your cruise!

Do a google for the Crown Princess deck plans and just look around and see the differences between the balcony cabins. They will all look the same inside. The difference is location. The BB's and BA's are what you would need to get a Caribe deck balcony which is the largest balcony 1/2 shade and 1/2 sun and BB's are the ones located on the aft of the ship. The only ones I would stay away from are the ones on the Riviera deck due to noise from the Lido above.

Modern cruise ships are put together like Legos. The staterooms are basically one-piece modules, lowered onto the hull/deck and locked into place, so 90% of the cabins are identical, the only difference whether they put a window or a balcony or a solid wall on that 4th side. Most of the mini-suites, likewise are identical to each other, and most of the suites, the exceptions being the aft cabins, which sometimes have differences dictated by the hull, and the larger suites which are still sometimes built in place.

Archived