Internet "Hot Spots" On Board

CruiserFromPhilly

Shortly before we left on our 1/5 Sun cruise, it was reported on the news that public computer keyboards were a great transmission means for norovirus. So we decided to take a laptop (our smaller one fit into our room safe; our larger one would not have fit.)

Over the course of the week, we discovered that the ship's wired computers were a LOT faster than the wireless laptop, so you obviously get more for your money that way.

However- we could find only one not very obvious hand sanitizer in the internet cafe, across the atrium from the manager's desk! I mentioned this on my comment card at departure; I am curious to know if the comment was actually read and taken seriously, and if any more have been installed since!

re: wireless.

Folks are sometimes excited that they can do wireless in their room or by the pool, or wherever. Before you do that, make sure you have a STRONG signal. If you have a weak signal, you slow down the transmission speed. And when coupled with the satellite system, you get even slower. I usually take my notebook to internet room and get a strong signal. Some ships have a strong signal near the front desk. They all vary. Watch you meter.

since we have waited 7 hours, in the parling lot and then join everyone back thru TSA at LAX to fly to Maui when TSA agents forget to plug in their monitors = DAH.

I have not a clue what you are saying here. I read it three times. Can you elaborate? :o

Archived