Voyager of the Seas

catnt2

We will be sailing on the VOS next week.

We like to partake in the fun activities and wanted to see if anyone knew who the Cruise Director is.

It seems that the larger ships have different activities. Does anyone know what theme nights they have on board? 50's?? 70's??? Western???

Thanks for your help~

Tobi :)

I see you have sailed a great deal on the Sovereign. We are sailing on her for Christmas with two kids ( 5 and 11) Tell me about the ship and activities if possible.

I did sail on the VOS, but that was a few years ago and can't recall the theme night.

Thanks

Michelle

I see you have sailed a great deal on the Sovereign. We are sailing on her for Christmas with two kids ( 5 and 11) Tell me about the ship and activities if possible.

I did sail on the VOS, but that was a few years ago and can't recall the theme night.

Thanks

Michelle

We really love the SOS...It is the oldest in the fleet, but (Lucky You) it will be refurbed and like new when you board.

They have most of the activities as the larger ships, but since it is only 3/4 day cruise they can only do so much.

The shows are awesome, they have two different ones, depending on when you go. We have seen them both and still go. You see the shows may be the same but with different Singers and Dancers it makes it a whole new show.

They now do Quest on both cruises. This is a must see, but do not bring the kids.

We love Coco Cay!! A great place to just relax on a mat in the water or on a Hammock under the Palm Trees!

Been to Nassau so many times, so most of the time we just stay on the ship. But they have a nice little shopping area and straw market (very packed) to get some gifts for the folks at home!! Atlantis is pretty but to expensive for what they offer (IMO) Have heard that beach and swimming is quite a walk to hotel.

Hope this helps.

We like to partake in the fun activities and wanted to see if anyone knew who the Cruise Director is.

It seems that the larger ships have different activities. Does anyone know what theme nights they have on board? 50's?? 70's??? Western???

Thanks for your help~

See my review posted yesterday on these boards. Voyager of the Seas 8/27/04 Review

On the Voyager 5-night to Canada (9/5) Richard Spacey was the Cruise Director. He was fantastic....a lot of fun, full of energy, very cute. :p

You have to go and see the Love & Marriage game show...usually around 10:15 or 10:30 in the main theatre.....it was very, very funny. They had a Rockin thru the Decades party in Studio B at 11:30 pm one night. Again, a lot of fun....make sure you get up and dance....that is the whole point!

Other than that, the 5 night didn't offer too many other activities. Very limited activities on the pool deck during the days at sea....but it is a North Atlantic sailing...so not very warm for pool side activities. The shows were o.k., comedian was o.k., but other than the love & marriage game show and the rockin thru the decades party....not much else going on. Oh, the ice show, of course.

Believe me, you will have fun no matter what. I had a blast....my first cruise to Canada...I usually only do Caribbean cruises.....I still had a great time even w/o the tropical atmosphere!

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for your help~

we went 7/04 - great time all around - Cruise director was a bald guy (my memory fails me - I think his name was James - he was the greatest. 10 day cruise. Western night (not too many people were dressed in western outfits, Caribbean night (make sure you wear a Caribbean flowery outfit. Alot of people did) this is also when they had a Caribbean deck party; 50's 60's night (not too many with this either) All employees on ship were dressed for the occassions and alot of activities geared towards these.

The disco has a night for 70's - 80's music

Love & Marriage show a must see

Karoke competition

lounges have alot of different style music.

The last night for Bingo was fun - 1 winner got the jackpot of $18,000.

You will have a great time all around

Archived