How's the shopping at the port in Bahamas

powoct95

Husband and I will be cruising (alone :D ) to Bahamas in Oct 2008 and were wondering if there is a pier or if you tender into the island. If we tender, is there anywhere to shop or explore where you get off? We don't really want to be on any time constraints- just wanted to be very relaxed this time- and thought it would be fun to just do whatever. I don't know if we are intersted in the Atlantis, just to see alittle culture and then return to the boat for lunch. Any ideas?

Just came home from Nassau yesterday........did not see any great shopping deals. Alcohol is a cheaper than in the states but the prices are not as good as St Thomas or St Maarten.

In the shops was the same old stuff........cheesy tee shirts, Diamonds International etc. Maybe cigars......I did see some signs but did not check on the prices. My friend checked out the knockoff bags.....going for about $60.......no great bargains and quality was questionable.

Maybe we missed something and maybe you will be lucky.

My suggestion.......enjoy the sights......go to a beach........

Archived