Dress Code Pacific Sun?

tonip

Hi, after reading the one about the Dawn I thought I had better find out what was expected on the Sun. neat casual would include shorts in my thinking and as my husband does not really own much in the way of long pants, i had better find out soon!!

thanks toni

Hi Toni

We've been on the Sun the last 3 summers and I can definitely confirm that smart casual does not include shorts. Shorts of any type are not permitted in the dining rooms.

However, I must sadly confirm that these dress regulations are not enforced. It seems to depend on the security at the door or the maitre d on the night.:(

MOST men wear trousers/jeans to dinner. Very few are in shorts. Most women wear either skirt, dress, long pants etc.

I hope this helps and you enjoy your cruise. We love the Sun and hope you do too.

Jenny

We were on the Sun just before Christmas. Shorts are not considered suitable for dinner in the dining room. OK for breakfast and lunch, but from 6pm onwards, the dress code in the dining room and lounges is 'smart casual'. For the guys this means long trousers, no thongs, and a polo shirt or casual shirt (with collar). Not a t shirt and definitely not a singlet top. If your husband fronted up to the dining room in shorts he could be turned away, and that would be very embarrassing. Everyone else dresses up (and the waiters do of course), so he may feel out of place if he is too casually dressed.:)

You mention that your husband doesn't own much in the way of long pants. Does he have jeans? For your 12 night cruise in February, you could probably get away with one (or at most two) pairs of pants, keeping in mind that he would only wear them for 4-5 hours each evening (depending on which dinner sitting you are on and how late you stay up).:)

Archived