Selecting a Balcony On Miracle

Harvy

Hello All !!!! My wife and I are planning a cruise on the wonderful Carnival Miracle, May 2009. We are interested in a Balcony/ assigned in category 8, to keep the price reasonable. We appreciate any recommendations and a Big "Thank You" for any suggestions.

Hello All !!!! My wife and I are planning a cruise on the wonderful Carnival Miracle, May 2009. We are interested in a Balcony/ assigned in category 8, to keep the price reasonable. We appreciate any recommendations and a Big "Thank You" for any suggestions.
Midship, probably a deck sandwiched between passenger decks, would be the best point to start..:) Less movement and close to the elevators...!:p

I truthfully prefer aft (all the way to the stern, facing 'where the ship has been'), but that can create movement in rough seas, and a slight vibration during docking or anchoring...:D To me, tho', the privacy and less foot traffic makes it worth it to go AFT! :) IMHO!!!

If you can get an aft cabin on the Main deck (cat 8c) it is the best location for the aft cabins. These afts are fully covered and are the largest balconies of the 8c afts. We have stayed in 4230 and 4232 on the Legend (sister ship to the Miracle) and they were great. If you can not get the Main deck afts go up one level to the Upper deck (this will still be Cat 8c) we have had 5297 and 5299 there and it was nice also.

Don't be scared of the aft, IMHO there is no more movement there than the rest of the ship. You have the best view of any rooms back there!!

• 6 months later...
If you can get an aft cabin on the Main deck (cat 8c) it is the best location for the aft cabins. These afts are fully covered and are the largest balconies of the 8c afts. We have stayed in 4230 and 4232 on the Legend (sister ship to the Miracle) and they were great. If you can not get the Main deck afts go up one level to the Upper deck (this will still be Cat 8c) we have had 5297 and 5299 there and it was nice also.

Don't be scared of the aft, IMHO there is no more movement there than the rest of the ship. You have the best view of any rooms back there!!

We are booked on the Miracle for March 09 in cabin 4232. I was wondering if you happen to have any pictures of the cabin & balcony that you might like to share? If not that's ok too:) Thanks!

Two of the best balcony cabins on the Miracle (or any of the other Spirit class ships) are 6232 or 6234. They are on the Empress deck, catagory 8E, more aft than midship and the balconys are HUGE.

Check out the deck plans at Carnival.com. There are a couple of cabins like this on decks 7 and 8 also.

Otherwise I would recommend an extended balcony, deck 7 (Veranda) aft.

I'm not sure if this will help the OP or not, but it may be useful for other's on a budget. We were in cabin 5183 on the Miracle which is an obstructed view balcony. It was in the middle of the other obstructed view cabins (which is good because the non-obstructed views bump out a bit and you won't have as good of a view if your closer to them) and our TA helped us pick one that was in between two life boats so you still were able to see straight down. It really is that obstructed, IMO. My other cruises have been reg. balconies and of course would be my first choice. But because it was a last minute trip and we had just purchased our first home, we were tight on money. Due to a "resident" discount special they had running, we paid only $729 p/p for the 8 night cruise. It was the same price my sister ended up paying for an inside cabin! ;) Just a thought for budget minded cruisers! It was a great alternative for us.

I'm not sure if this will help the OP or not, but it may be useful for other's on a budget. We were in cabin 5183 on the Miracle which is an obstructed view balcony. It was in the middle of the other obstructed view cabins (which is good because the non-obstructed views bump out a bit and you won't have as good of a view if your closer to them) and our TA helped us pick one that was in between two life boats so you still were able to see straight down. It really isn't that obstructed, IMO. You can still see straight out to the beautiful ocean and ports. My other cruises have been reg. balconies and of course would be my first choice. (other than a suite, of course!) But because it was a last minute trip and we had just purchased our first home, we were tight on money. Due to a "resident" discount special they had running, we paid only $729 p/p for the 8 night cruise. It was the same price my sister ended up paying for an inside cabin! ;) Just a thought for budget minded cruisers! It was a great alternative for us.

• 3 months later...
We are booked on the Miracle for March 09 in cabin 4232. I was wondering if you happen to have any pictures of the cabin & balcony that you might like to share? If not that's ok too:) Thanks!

We are booked in 4232 on Jan8th/09. Will take lots of pics and will post when we are back !

They aren't really mini-fridges. They're more like mini-bars. From what I've read (never had them unlocked), the don't really keep things cold.

I use cruisedeckplans dot com

Go into the free section, select your ship from the drop down menu. Then go to "cabin details by deck" and select your deck. It will show you every cabin on that deck, what sort of bed configuration, balcony size, location of laundry rooms, etc.

For those of you sailing on Miracle, or hoping to do so, there's a sale going on right now (P1S code). I had already booked an aft (non-wrap) for December 2009 when it was an 8C. It was then recategorized to an 8I.

Current sale is upgrade from any category 8 to an 8I. If you want an aft cabin, this is the time. I got $400 off the price since I'd already booked.

• 3 months later...
We are booked in 4232 on Jan8th/09. Will take lots of pics and will post when we are back !
I'm anxiously awaiting the pics...:p We may just book that cabin!!:D

Is the overhang really that evident...?? We do like SOME sun....;):)

Archived