A question about price drops

dfishner

We are very excited about Freestyle 2.0 and probably will wait until it is rolled out. My question was something I saw on the NCL boards a few months ago that once you book a cruise any price drops cannot be taken and only apply to new cruise bookings only. Is that true? If not please let me know how NCL handles price drops for all ready booked passengers.

It depends on the sort of price drop. Normal price changes you might be able to take advantage of, but "Promotions" usually apply only to new bookings. For instance, when I booked my cruise, they were having a "pay the lowest price for the category, get the best available cabin of that type" promotion. This would not be applied to existing bookings, only new ones.

But, if (before final payment) you find that your cabin has dropped $50, then you might be able to get the price reduced (but it seems to be hit or miss, depending on who you talk to at NCL).

My cruise dropped $125 pp. I called my PCC and, after many minutes on hold, the price drop was honored. Granted, final payment isn't for a few weeks and that makes all the difference. I also have 2 more cruises booked with NCL and all of them aren't past final payment, I could cancel them if I so choose and my PCC knew that.

Archived