Spirit Inside 6035, 6535--whats the catch?

SMNYCruise

• 2 years later...

Wow!! Thanks for this pic. AND this thread! I guess we "lucked out"!! We're staying in #6535 in September. A teenage daughter, 8 yo boy and my hubby and I. I think we should be just fine! My dad got a balcony room, so there may be some nights there will only be 3 of us in the room. Really looking forward to this spacious cabin.

We have stayed in 9207 which is 190 sq ft inside and our next cruise we have 9203 @ 192 sq ft. The cabins are all the way aft and just around the corner are outside stairs that go up to the Buccaneer pool. The cabins are side by side and hold four people. We had no issues with noise or passenger movement.

Looks like cabins 6035 and 6535 are hugh. 200 square feet and still the cheaper category KK. I realize that being near the elevator and stairs might be noisy at times but is there any other problems with these cabins? Anyone have pictures?

it is just the way they are situated, yes, they are larger than even the balcony cabins. We had a cabin (outside) on HAL one time, that was situated so it was bigger than others. don't worry about the noise. We know people who have opt for the cabins you are mentioning and had no problems.

Nita

Hi klct39lg ! I'm sorry I don't have any pics nor have I stayed in any of these rooms, but I do have the 08'-09' NCL Freestyle Cruising mag. from our TA. It has been very helpful, you should be able to get one from a TA office for free :). My TA has stayed in these rooms and said it gets very BUSY outside these rooms @ dinner times and port days, not to mention the noise!! She talked us out of these two rooms .

Gordon, maybe it depends on your noise threshold. As I mentioned we have been on cruises with people in these cabins. They loved them and had absolutely no noise problems to speak of. We have been in cabins a number of times right across from the elevator (once it was Thanksgiving week with kids everywhere) we never were bothered. Yes, on port days there is a little more traffic, but by the traffic time many are out of the cabin. This is not saying these cabins are for everyone, but I think your travel agent over emphasized the downside.

Nita

We have 10611 as one of our rooms on our upcoming Spirit cruise next month. Did you notice any problem with noise from the stairs? We also have a balcony just accross the hall (10608).

We stayed in this cabin last Feb. Nice and big, but the stairs are like right behind your cabin, and you will get a lot of foot traffic going by to the rear cabins. (i.e.lost screaming/laughing drunks).. One night there were about 10 teenagers playing on the steps and giggling.... Finally security was called ;) and it was stopped.

We have stayed in 9207 which is 190 sq ft inside and our next cruise we have 9203 @ 192 sq ft. The cabins are all the way aft and just around the corner are outside stairs that go up to the Buccaneer pool. The cabins are side by side and hold four people. We had no issues with noise or passenger movement.

We are staying in 9703 next month. it too is an oversized inside cabin. I wasn't aware of anyway rear stairwells to go up to deck #10? Where are the stairwells and please don't tell me they are right outside our cabin door:eek: Thanks for any info.

See deck plan below

Deck 09 -Deck Plan

(click deck image to magnify) Spirit_09p_Deck_460.png

Walk between cabin 9205 and 9208, open door and go up steps. Deck 10 pool is for kids under 12, there is also a pool for toddlers and a hot tub. We would lay out here to read and to get some sun. Believe it or not we felt this area with young kids to be quieter than the main pool area.

Deck 10 has the aft bar and the back entrance to the buffet. So plenty of food and drink with just a short walk.

10686 also looks like a huge balcony cabin, but adjacent to Baccaneer's and Charlie's. It looks like it could be a very busy area of the ship. Has anybody stayed in it? We are considering the Spirit for August and need a cabin for 3 adults.

Walk between cabin 9205 and 9208, open door and go up steps. Deck 10 pool is for kids under 12, there is also a pool for toddlers and a hot tub. We would lay out here to read and to get some sun. Believe it or not we felt this area with young kids to be quieter than the main pool area.

Deck 10 has the aft bar and the back entrance to the buffet. So plenty of food and drink with just a short walk.

Thanks for the tip and it's good to know it's on the opposite side of our cabin.:) I guess/hope there is not a stairwell on both sides. Thanks again.

Thanks for the tip and it's good to know it's on the opposite side of our cabin.:) I guess/hope there is not a stairwell on both sides. Thanks again.

Sorry:o I was thinking about 9703 where I stayed last year. I do believe there are external stairs on your side also.

Sorry:o I was thinking about 9703 where I stayed last year. I do believe there are external stairs on your side also.

That's the cabin we are in. It is a "larger than the normal" 149 sq. ft. isn't it? Do you have any pic's? Thanks again.

Archived