Balcony Question - Sun Class

Simru12

Hi All,

Does anyone know if there is a difference in room / balcony size between BB and BA on the Sun class ships (Sea Princess specifically)

We orginally booked BB for our cruise in July and got our waitlist for BA. On the deck plans BA looks like a bigger room, but the description has the same square footage. Is it bigger? Or is the class difference merely cabin location (Midship vs. Aft)

Also, I've read on other threads that the balcony rooms on this ship are a little smaller than others. Is this true?

Thanks for any help

David the cabins, either BB or BA, will both be identical. The price difference is due to location with higher costs mid-ship and higher decks. So regardless of what "might" appear on the deck plan they are all created the same. See, you figured that one out yourself! The balconys will also be the same size. On the Sun class ships the only difference in the balconys is the openings. The are actually cut out of the super structure so think of the openings as being like large picture windows. Baja deck and up have the larger openings- but it's not that big of a difference. If you look very carefully at a side shot of a Sun class ship you can see the difference. But that said, again no big deal. And no, the balcony cabins are not smaller that the other cabins.

I totally agree, the only difference between a BB and a BA is the location. The balcony for both is about 3 1/2' deep by about 9' wide no matter which category balcony cabin you choose from the lowest to the highest.

The interriors are exactly the same, no difference at all.

The difference in price is just due to the location of the stateroom.

Hi All,

Does anyone know if there is a difference in room / balcony size between BB and BA on the Sun class ships (Sea Princess specifically)

We orginally booked BB for our cruise in July and got our waitlist for BA. On the deck plans BA looks like a bigger room, but the description has the same square footage. Is it bigger? Or is the class difference merely cabin location (Midship vs. Aft)

Also, I've read on other threads that the balcony rooms on this ship are a little smaller than others. Is this true?

Thanks for any help

Well, not quite true. In fact they are A LOT smaller. The balconies are laughably small. The last time I sailed the Dawn I just got an inside cabin because my previous balcony was not large enough for two people to drink coffee at the same time. LOL

She is a beautiful ship though.

Archived