I just made our packing list. Anyone want to take a look?

OnTheBrink

I'm glad it will be useful for you! If you'd like a Word version (rather than PDF) so that you can edit more easily, just email me at MosesFamily at earthlink.net and I'll send that to you. The Word document just wasn't accepted here.

I just emailed you for a copy of your list. I sail on Conquest on 29th of June.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi again Nancy,

Flat duct tape is easier to pack vs the roll. It's just a good thing to have should a luggage bag's zipper break, etc. We purchased a $4.25 clear plastic hanging shoe holder, hung it on the inside of our bathroom door and placed all of our health and comfort items in the compartments. We had heard of it but on past cruises decided not to get it. Our last cruise sold us on it. We left it on board when we left the ship. Freed up a lot of space. Walmart or Walgreens carried them.

Barry

How many compartments did it have? I'm sorry, I just can't picture what a flat role of duct tape would look like. Is it just sheets or a roll. I hope this doesn't seem like a stupid question? :o :confused:

• 10 months later...

Wow, thanks so much for sharing your list. My family & I will be going on our first cruise in a few weeks & I haven't started a list yet. I think I'm going to use yours as a jumping off point since it is so thorough. Thanks again!

Sounds like my list. We're a family of five and take 5 suitcases--one large, 3 medium and 1 on the smaller size. We take most of the items on the list. I recommend the power strip because we take the portable DVD player, camcorder, battery charger, curling iron, iPod, DS and all may have to recharged or used at the same time. Not a heavy item and doesn't take up much room. I also recommend the Febreeze to freshen up clothes if needed. Again, travel size doesn't take up much room and isn't heavy. I talk a laudry hamper that folds up because you can put it in the closet and all the dirty closes are kept together, not coming out of the closet on the floor. With three kids, I just assume I will do laundry on the boat. I don't mind and always have time. I take powder laundry detergent premeasured in baggies and dryer sheets. What little room they take up on the way out will make room for a souvenier on the way home. I have learned to pack lighter each time we cruise, but I still overpack.

Attached is our packing list. Anyone care to take a look and let me know if I'm leaving anything off? Or taking stuff we really don't need?

This is really just a hint for those still viewing this thread:

What a great list...it looks like mine ! What you may want to consider is sorting the list by suitcase.

I make the list up like you, and then I indicate by suitcase (Black Small, Red Large etc) in a column to the left of the item, then re-sort. This gives me a firm list in case a suitcase goes missing. I also take a copy of the sorted list with me on the cruise (or vacation), and when I re-pack at the end, I make sure everything goes home with us. I note that yours is a pdf file, I tend to use Excel for ease of use.

Glad you had a great trip. Kathryn

Archived