POH Shore Excursions Info

tessar

We sailed on POH December 31. Thoroughly enjoyed the cruise. My husband, me and daughter (age 22) and son (age 19).

We did the following shore excursions

Hilo-Volcano and Rainbow Falls-Big Bus, interesting. Good lunch at Volcano House.

Maui-Molokini Snorkle-There were Man-o-wars at the crater, so the captain took us to two different snorkle spots south of Lahiana. Water is very cold this time of year so we rented snorkle shirts. Everyone had fun. Lunch was make your own sandwiches and pasta salad. They kept feeding us the entire time. Saw whales and sea turtles

Maui-2nd day-Bus to Lahiana for shopping and beach. Ate at Bubba Gumps over the water.

Kona-Captain Zodiac-Wonderful Wonderful. snorkled with pod of 30 spinner dolphins. Loved Kona.

Kauai-1st day-Helicopter. Great video for $50. Most amazing scenery ever.

(Hired Beach Boys at Marriott to learn to surf. Got up the first time. Well worth the money)

Kauai-2nd day-Hollywood and Falls Tour. Beaches on this tour are undescribable. Ate lunch at the beach.

Oahu-Arizona and USS Missouri. with small city tour. An easy way to see these sites.

Following the cruise, we spent 3 nights at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. Great resort. Wakiki Beach is lacking. Sand is too soft. Resort was very fun.

I'd be happy to answer any questions.

Tessar,

Thanks for the information--we will be doing some of those same things in March! I have a question about the Kona Captain Zodiak snorkle trip--was the water cold for that, too? Did you go in the am or pm? Did they have snorkle shirts for rent? We are scheduled for the early morning trip, and I'm afraid the water will be too freezing to enjoy it!

Thanks for your help!

momandherson,

We did do the 12:45 p.m. Trip on Captain Zodiac. There were several rafts that went out at the same time. The water was cool, but not cold and no one was using snorkel shirts. The pick up point is right on the pier, next to where the tenders put in. They put people into small groups with colored tickets and then the rubber rafts pull right up to the dock. They do a short safety talk and you hand over your shoes to be stored and away you go.

We went straight away to Captain Cook's monument where we snorkeled for about one hour. Then we stopped and looked at lava tubes and some locals cliff diving.

It was a wonderful trip. The most amazing snorkel we've ever done. It's in a submerged crater and it's breathtaking.

The rafts travel very fast, so don't expect to wear a baseball hat.

We snacked on fruit, cookies and chips and sodas and flavored waters.

You are going to love your trip!

T

Archived