RCCL Visa Card and Stockholder On-Board Credits - How Do You Assure?

I'm playing the Visa points and stockholder benefits game and planning on taking advantage of some available on board credits for a cruise this Fall. There's already a $100.00 credit that's supposed to be applied because I booked the cruise during a one-day online sale. Now I'm ready to stack on the Visa points and stockholder benefits. I understand how to submit the documentation to RRCL, and plan to take copies with me, BUT how would one best determine that the credits have indeed been applied to the sea pass account BEFORE sailing?

I recently did the same thing, I had credit from booking while on a previous cruise, Visa points, and stockholder credit. Call C&A, and they will check your reservation to let you know if the credits are indeed listed on your account.

Luckily, happy ending, they were all there!

Good luck, and have a great trip.

I mailed my certificate from RCCL Visa the end of December and called in to the redemption desk of RCCL once to give them the certificate number. The agent I talked to then would not take the number and said they only did that if it was 60 days or less until your cruise. Then last night I decided to call again. The agent I got this time was very helpful and friendly and took the certificate number. I then asked her if there was any way to find out ahead of time that this had been applied. She said when you get your cruise docs there should be a code on them that is the same as the code you checked on your certificate. We do not sail until May, so it will be awhile before I can verify this. And of course I made a copy before I mailed the certificate and will take it with me.

I always ask for an updated invoice as "Puffinater" stated right before the cruise. It will show shipboard credit, discounts, coupons and shareholder credit.

I just got off the 1/04 sailing on the Explorer and some of my shipboard credit was missing. Luckily, I knew from previous experiences to have all my papers in order and IN my possesion on the ship. They asked for them, I said No but you can make a copy of them. Full credit was applied the next day.

Bottom line = ALWAYS bring proof (IN WRITING) on the cruise with you.

Archived