lunch on a barge on the Seine, Paris tour

We're looking at this too. I don't expect much from the meal part but it looks like the best way to see the most in a limited time. The bus part sounds like it stops several places but not for long so no time to go "inside" anyplace....just photo ops outside. The $199 I see for the day (from Le Harvre) is a lot but given that the other tours to Paris start at $104 for just the bus ride the extra $95 is not too bad. But 11 hours :eek: that's a long day.

Aside from lunch I wonder if there is time for dinner when returning or on the way back. Our ship (RCCL Brilliance of the Seas) arrives at Le Havre at 7am and departs at 10pm (15 hours) so it means tour must leave pretty early or else get back pretty late.

We are on the Jewel Sept 8th transatlantic. It is exciting but it is going to be very tiring. We don't want to miss a thing! My husband has his heart set on visiting Normandy and I can't wait to see Paris. It might turn out to be a compromise or else we will each do our own thing. I've waited a long, long time to see Paris.

We did the glass top river boat ride on the Seine river. it was right next to the tower. On our trip it was very crowed. I think they added more buses for our excursion. We were crammed on the boat pretty tight. I would have given up the boat ride to go to the top of the Eiffel Tower. It took about 1.5 hrs. So It took 5 hrs to get to Paris and back to the ship. 2 hrs to drive around the city. Which in total is 9.5 hrs. Which only left us with 30 minutes to shop. Not many did. All we had time for was to gaze at the tower. But still everything was a good experience. I did get one of my favorite pictures off the river boat though. Have fun.

1750412048_ParisLibertyTower.jpg.14e93c27a11f99e943cbf6c18089db65.jpg

We are on the Jewel Sept 8th transatlantic. It is exciting but it is going to be very tiring. We don't want to miss a thing! My husband has his heart set on visiting Normandy and I can't wait to see Paris. It might turn out to be a compromise or else we will each do our own thing. I've waited a long, long time to see Paris.

I understand how you feel. I'll be on the Jewel in June and want to see both Paris and Normandy. My solution: We had a flight booked already to Heathrow, so we are taking the Eurostar from London to Paris. We are spending 2 nights in Paris. Then we'll take the Eurostar back to London, transfer over to the ship and when we dock in LeHavre, we will take an excursion to Normandy.

Archived