Luggage

jojo08

Is there a limit to how much luggage you can take. And what do they allow you to have in your carry on bag. Is it the same as flying or different. I always pack to many clothes.

Each passenger is allowed 200 lbs of luggage. You can carry on as many smaller items as will fit through the same size x ray/scanner machines as the airports use.

You can not take any of the prohibited items that are listed on the RCCL website.

This is from the RCCL website:

Aside from the obvious (and illegal) items not allowed onboard, there are other items we cannot accommodate onboard.

Prohibited items: Candles

Coffee Makers

Electrical Transformers

Flammable Liquids and Explosives (such as fireworks)

HAM radio equipment

Hockey sticks

Illegal Drugs

Irons

Personal Alcohol

Skateboards

Surfboards

There are no restrictions for liquids like flying or anything, but the size for the carry on is the same.

You can technically bring 200lb per person, but I can tell you if you are anywhere near that you have overpacked.:rolleyes:

Prohibited items: Candles

Coffee Makers

Electrical Transformers

Flammable Liquids and Explosives (such as fireworks)

HAM radio equipment

Hockey sticks

Illegal Drugs

Irons

Personal Alcohol

Skateboards

Surfboards

Damn! I'll just have to take my collapsible hockey stick back to the shop!!

Simon

PS Are cricket bats OK?

Damn! I'll just have to take my collapsible hockey stick back to the shop!!

Simon

PS Are cricket bats OK?

Hey, I didn't write the list, just posted the thing. I couldn't agree with you more. :D

Notice they don't mention knives, or any of those other "bad" things that one might think they can bring along now because it is not on the list.. :confused:

Crosboro[/b];13137385]Yikes! 200 lbs each? I'd like to see the bags of someone who hauled that on board. Maybe for a "round the world" cruise.

I posted this one other time on here.

We did a short 3 night/4 day cruise on the Viking Serenade out of CA once. At that time you could carry on your own luggage. There was a couple ahead of us and he was dragging 5 large suitcases of hers on board. He saw us with 1 and he made a comment about all she was taking. We started to laugh with him, not at him. She said she just did not know how many outfits she wanted to wear, so she brought just about everything. :D I never forgot them.

Yikes! 200 lbs each? I'd like to see the bags of someone who hauled that on board. Maybe for a "round the world" cruise.

One would hope that a person able to go on a "round the world cruise" would have enough travel experience than to try to pack for a whole "round the world cruise" ;) .

Honestly, there are laundry/dry cleaning services available onboard the ship. While I know it's exciting to think of your whole wardrobe and making a formal entrance, a cruise is not a red carpet event. Unless you are eye catching and lovely or the other way around, no one will even notice you all that much. A cruise ship is full of very average people.

Pack only what you are able to manage on your own. Even though there are porters, bell hops, etc... there may be times when you have to haul along your own stuff. Add to that (if you are flying) baggage handlers are meaner to heavy bags than the lighter ones.

Then, you have limited storage in the closet and only a smidge of drawer space in comparison to your home. Unless you are booked in a suite....then pack away!

We've learned after years of cruising and land travel to cut it back to the bone. Travel should be an experience getting away from life, adapting yourself to new events, don't try to take your whole life along with you :) .

You need your clothes (encompassing different events, wearing things 2-3 times each to cut back), a small first aid kit, your own toiletries (I will not gamble on the mystery stuff that may or may not be provided in hotels and ships), a camera with plenty of memory and its charger, one cell phone fully charged and turned off for the duration of the vacation, only to be used in cases of emergency or travel plans. And of course your travel documents, really all the above you can almost do without, except these.

Everything else is just stuff, most of it provided for you by the hotel and/or ship.

Have a wonderful cruise, leave your stuff and your worries at home, it will all be waiting for you when you return!

Archived