Anyone been to San Andres Island...?

wtcruzr

Has anyone who has been to Sandres Island, Colombia gone to Johnny Caye Haynes Caye or Rocky Caye instead of the usual drive around the island? We are going there next month and just do not want to do the usual touristy things. The waters around it are too beautiful not to enjoy them!

• 5 weeks later...

hi since i live in colombia iam glad to help sanandres is beautiful johny key is a small island like 40 minutes in speed boat from sanandres. the ocean is a little rough in that area but is so nice the food is yummy fried fish, fried plaintains and they have something called fruit of sea is so yummi...ask any question i gladly will respond

Thanks patry!

We just got back and did we have a day. Grabbed a taxi on shore and straight downtown to the public beach. Contracted for a watertaxi to Johnny Caye and back. Got there early on a Sunday morning and rented an umbrella and chairs. Beach was nice and clean, water was clear and beautiful and a little rough but it is the ocean not a pool. By noon we were surrounded by familys having fun and being friendly and inclusive to us. You are correct also that the fried fish and plaintains were to die for. Arguila beer was ice cold and plentiful. This was my DW's first time to swim in the real ocean and she felt like she was in paradise for a day. We were the only cruise ship passengers there but that is why we went. Too many tourist will spoil it. Everone please stick to the cruiseline excursions, please!!!(tongue in cheek)

Archived