Help with private tours/Toulon,Tunis,Messina,and Naples

We have used Benvenuto Limos in Naples and Giovanni also arranged a tour guide and driver for us in Messina on our last cruise. We have used Benvenuto several times in the last three years and have always been really pleased with our tours and drivers. They are really knowledgeable and

reliable. The website is http://www.benvenutolimos.com.

We used www.aptours.it last November for our tour of the Naples/Amalfi area.

There were 4 couples and an English speaking driver in a nice new van. We went straight to Pompeii where they had arranged a private guide for us. Spent about 2 full hours there. Then to Ravello, Amalfi, Positano and finally Sorrento. We had free time in each place to explore, shop, eat, etc. We all voted to take the ferry back via the coastline to Naples instead of driving back over area we had just covered. This was great !! Took about 30 minutes versus the 1 hr. to drive back and gave us a different perspective on this gorgeous area. The ferry docked right next to our ship....very short walk to re-board.

It was an amazing day and I can highly recommend this company.

Texancruzer,

Do you remember how much you paid for the private tour? Did you have enough time to get back to the ship?

The tour was split between 4 couples. We paid 125 euros per couple.

The private guide at Pompeii was 100 euros. We paid 25 euros per couple

We each paid 11 euros for ferry tickets - so 22 euros per couple. This part was purely optional. We could have driven back but we all voted to take the ferry instead. Glad we did.

The tour companies know how long it takes to get from point A to point B. They also know they lose business if they do not get their customers back in time....

We had about 2+ hours at Pompeii. Didnt get to see all of it. That would take days :p but with our private guide we got a good part of it.

We had free time in each village. We all pretty much went our own way and then met up back at a place and time. Worked very well. Our driver made sure we got the most of our day and it was a FULL day. We got back to the ship with time to spare.

This was one of my favorite days of the trip (altho they were all amazing!)

I will be watching for responses to this thread because we are on the same cruise! My bestfriend since 6th grade and I are taking this cruise to celebrate our 45th birthdays. We just booked a couple of days ago and are really getting excited.

We are on Oceania Insignia May 10, 2008 Istanbul - Venice, and we are stopping in Taormina on May 20, 2008, and looking for ideas on tours. We prefer private tours, but are willing to share with a couple of others to reduce costs without sacrificing quality.

Kathy

Archived