Solo on the Noordam !

Mr Veendam06

Hi all well i going solo again on the Noordam 2/16/08.11 day S Caribbean round trip from NYC.Last Feb .I did the Empress of the seas also solo. 11 day cruise out of San Juan .Had a ball .I go solo because i retied last year at the age of 50.My wife dosn"t want to yet .She"s 49 .anyway .We"ve been on 69 cruises .Most years 2 to 3 cruises a year.The best thing about this cruise is no flying .And i live on the other side of the river in NJ over looking the piers in NYC.,so i will be taking the ferry over and back to the pier !! This cruise could be a little funny being there may be sown by the rear pool area LOL !! But i'm looking for to going from NYC in the wintertime .

Noordam was WONDERFUL! I couldn't have had a better time. Everyone I met was so friendly and the staff seemed to look out for me when they found out I was solo. So I felt very safe.

The only down side I had was the first two meals I had. First was lunch when we first got on board. I was placed at a big table so I was happy thinking I was going to get to have a nice group of people to talk to.

No one but me sat there. But I figured that was ok as people were still just boarding and my fear of being stuck at a big table alone was now over. Also, the staff told me many people just wait until dinner to eat in the main dinning room.

I still had a nice time. I had a window seat and got to watch the salmon jumping out of the water.

Then dinner came and again I sat at the same large table. No one was there when I first got there and the waiter asked if I wanted to wait to order when everyone got there or just go ahead and order. I waited. But, no one came and again I was alone at this big table.

Well that did it. I wasn't going to eat in the dinning room again. But, thankfully I met some people on board that asked me to eat with them so I did and from then on dinner was wonderful.

I was very worried about going solo but I loved it so much I booked another cruise before I got off the ship and now I've booked even another cruise in May. I'm so excited about both of them.

I am also thinking of joining a lovely lady I met through cc and got to spend time with on the cruise on yet another cruise to Alaska in Aug.

Now I know if I went with someone I would not have met so many great people so I'm very happy I went solo and am looking forward to going again.

I know you will love the ship and have a blast on your trip.

Archived