Please explain: US Direct

CBowling

I keep getting bits and pieces of information regarding "US Direct", but can't get the whole story.

What is US Direct exactly? What are the details? I will be flying from Kentucky into Anchorage, the return is Vancouver back to Kentucky.

Thanks for tolerating a novice!

This should give you all the info you need:

http://www.portvancouver.com/vanAlaCruise/content/infoPassengers/usDirect.html

I found that link by doing an advanced search by title for US Direct on the Alaska forum. Very slick!

John

Thanks for posting this! I didn't even know that US Direct existed! Guess I should be doing better homework!:D

NayRN

Thanks for posting this! I didn't even know that US Direct existed! Guess I should be doing better homework!

NayRN

Actually, perusing these board IS doing your homework:)

Here is some other info I have in my file about US Direct.

"Most cruise lines charge about $20 for this service.

"Can participate if you didn’t book cruise air through the cruiseline

One downside of US Direct from the US to Vancouver ship is that your luggage is transferred automatically to the ship, so you never know until you see it on board if the luggage made the connections. By then it is very late and more difficult to file a lost luggage report. For this reason, you might reconsider using US Direct from the lower 48 to your cruise ship.

"You keep your carry ons with you during the entire process. Once you put your checked luggage outside your cabin door the last night of the cruise, you don’t see that checked luggage again until you arrive at your final destination in the US."

Hopefully by early summer my Alaska file will be online for all to access at will.

John

Archived