Imagination Thread Only!

mikil321

Thanks to everyone that has posted about their experiences on the new and improved Imagination! My girlfriend and I, along with my brother and his fiance, sail on her in June, and I can't begin to explain how excited we are. June cannot get here soon enough!

129 days and counting! :D

Beachteach- Stuarts was great. We had the bus pick s up across from the prier by the water fountain then it stopped to pick up others from the hotel did take about 30 to get to the dive shop. Once at dive shop make sure you bring you confirmation we did not and had a delay getting going,but easily figured out. We did the three stop snorkel. the boat and staff where great. Snorkeling was awesome saw some great fish I pick up my pictures today. The shark stop was cool yet scary. Get in the water it is well worth it even if you are scared like me. When we got back to the dive shop they have nice bathroom and shower room to rinse off. Wish i would of know and brought soap to clean up a bit. Then you wait for the bus to pick you back up. I would recommend them to anyone. My youngest (7) got in at the frist stop but had issues with snorkeling the staff did there best to help him figure it out. He just could not so they had him feeding the fish from the boat he loved it. The second stop they got him in the water and he did fine. Think at the shark stop he was the first in line to get off the boat.

HMC was great as well. We did the cabanas and had #2. It was nice to have a place of your own. With the rental fee you get 10 drinks pop/water snorkel gear and food (fruit plate, chips w/salsa,sour cream and guac and oranges) and floats for the water. We did eat the food and used the snorkel gear. Not too much to see in the swimming area but did find a lot of sand dollars so that was fun. The day we where there it was not too hot or sunny so we did not need the AC actually turned it off. Can see where it would be great on a hot day. We would do it again though was nice to relax in. My only regret is that the cabana was so comfortable we never explored the island.

The Imagination is a great ship. We enjoyed her the first time as well. Will be looking for a new ship to experience next time thought. The staff was great. Find Samson on the Lido deck and tell him Heather,Karissa, Eric and Travis sent you. If you take care of him he will take care of you. You will not be unhappy. We had Ron as our room steward. He is great last time we sailed he was our assistant steward so glad to see him again. We ate in spirit at 545 and Nelson and Akan where our waiters great guys as well. It was a great trip. Unfortunately i was not sold on how wonderful it was after upgrades. They did make some nice changes since we sailed her in 2005 but other than the water slides, new hall ways, moving camp carnival, adults area and a few more things. It was still the same ole ship. but we loved her all the same.

Thanks for the info....I'm wondering if your Samson was the same Samson who took care of us last April on the Lido deck on the Glory. He was FANTASIC. Here's to hoping that he is still on the Imagination in Sept.

Misty

Hi everyone... just a few questions abou the (new) Imagination...

-How is the regge band on the Imagination?

-Is the sushi real sushi?

-If there is no indoor pool like on the Destiny-class ships, where is the buffet / 24-hour pizza? Is there good food at these places?

-Lastly, how is the entertainment on the 4 day... will we find any (good) comedians, hyptonists, magicians, ventriloquists, etc?

Thanks for the help!

Hi folks! Great thread so far.Lots of great information from people.Question? Would anyone that has just recently gone on Imagination know when embarkation begins.What time do they allow you to go on the ship? And would anyone know when the shore excursion desk opens that day???? Thanks much in advance Mikil

Hi folks! Great thread so far.Lots of great information from people.Question? Would anyone that has just recently gone on Imagination know when embarkation begins.What time do they allow you to go on the ship? And would anyone know when the shore excursion desk opens that day???? Thanks much in advance Mikil

We board the Imagination on Feb 16th and we plan on being at the port for 11, as that seems to be what others have done. :)

Reggae band was quite good, although I generally listened at a distance. They played on the beach at HMC also. We were right at the pool one day when they started playing and it was too loud for us!

Sushi--no idea. Won't touch the stuff!

24 hour pizza is at the far aft of the Lido Deck, on the right as you face aft. This is also where the deli will be opening. There are separate stations at the Lido for different foods--As you face the rear of the ship, Mongolian Wok is to your right, Rotisserie Chicken in the middle and Burgers and Franks and the such to the left (these three are closest to the pool and outside). When you go into the lido, still facing aft, on your left hand side is the International station, which changes daily, and on the right side is what they call the grand buffet--some cooked dishes and a carving. And then onward back to the dessert stations, 24/7 ice cream and pizza.

Entertainment was OK. Typical production shows. Frankly, our two comedians were mediocre. No singers or magic or anything of the such. This was my area of biggest disappointment. We spent a lot of time at Karaoke--two of our CC members are fabulous singers.

We got on the ship at 1PM. There was a bit of a wait but not too bad. Definitely could have gotten on earlier if we arrived earlier. I think we got there around noon. I THINK the shore-ex desk was open but cannot confirm. Do excursions online if you can!

Karen, as for the dune buggies, depends on where you are. On the back sandy roads, there were ruts and potholes, and it was definitely somewhat bumpy. Since I had Bonine in me anyway, didn't bother me; it was a ton of fun. I have both a bad back and neck and had no problems. A decent percentage is on paved roads and then it is smooth. We really had a blast on it. I'll try to get to those pictures this weekend.

Reggae band was quite good, although I generally listened at a distance. They played on the beach at HMC also. We were right at the pool one day when they started playing and it was too loud for us!

Sushi--no idea. Won't touch the stuff!

24 hour pizza is at the far aft of the Lido Deck, on the right as you face aft. This is also where the deli will be opening. There are separate stations at the Lido for different foods--As you face the rear of the ship, Mongolian Wok is to your right, Rotisserie Chicken in the middle and Burgers and Franks and the such to the left (these three are closest to the pool and outside). When you go into the lido, still facing aft, on your left hand side is the International station, which changes daily, and on the right side is what they call the grand buffet--some cooked dishes and a carving. And then onward back to the dessert stations, 24/7 ice cream and pizza.

Entertainment was OK. Typical production shows. Frankly, our two comedians were mediocre. No singers or magic or anything of the such. This was my area of biggest disappointment. We spent a lot of time at Karaoke--two of our CC members are fabulous singers.

We got on the ship at 1PM. There was a bit of a wait but not too bad. Definitely could have gotten on earlier if we arrived earlier. I think we got there around noon. I THINK the shore-ex desk was open but cannot confirm. Do excursions online if you can!

Karen, as for the dune buggies, depends on where you are. On the back sandy roads, there were ruts and potholes, and it was definitely somewhat bumpy. Since I had Bonine in me anyway, didn't bother me; it was a ton of fun. I have both a bad back and neck and had no problems. A decent percentage is on paved roads and then it is smooth. We really had a blast on it. I'll try to get to those pictures this weekend.

Thanks Robin I'm booking the dune buggy as we speak. Karen

Karen, you'll have a blast on the dune buggies!

There is one formal night and it is the night after you board, the night at sea. Captain's party is the same night beforehand. Not sure on the repeaters party since it was my first Carnival cruise but I may be able to find out.

Incidentally, this has to be the most casual formal night I have ever seen. Except you were wearing sneakers and shorts, you were let it. My husband wore black slacks, shirt and nice tie and he was fine. The youngish crowd (and very friendly, including one very talented Karaoke singer) at the next table was very much more dressed down, and they were all there eating!

Robin.. nice job noting everything. The formal night was the first night at sea, Tuesday. The past guest was the following evening. I agree with Robin, this was a much less dressy crowd than other formal nights I have seen. This is the first time I went back and changed into more comfortable clothing.

I really liked Half Moon Cay. The snorkling was clear and fun, and two from our group were picking up DOZENS of sand dollars. The tiki bar right there was wonderful, and they even have a massage hut nearby. Only disappointment were the rates were as high as on the ship.

I loved the serenity deck .. NO KIDS and hot tubs were HOT. They had bar service, but no bar. Food was a walk up one level I think, maybe two.

But the MOST FUN was the new slide. I am 50+ and was like a kid! We had a blast on that thing.

Karen

I loved the cruise 2/2/08 5 day ... food was good make sure you understand your capper. I did'nt know you could eat breakfast and lunch in the pride dinning room. The buffet was so so. I loved ice cream cones everyday. Pool was filled everyday with sea water and very small. Stay out of the hot tubbs. Water was not clean and with foam floating on top. Other than that. Metting people and the warm weather and clean rooms were great ... The Crew was very NICE..

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DRINKS ARE OVER RATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DRINKS ARE OVERPRICED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Skyprincess,

How was the entertainment? Any good comedians or other shows? Did you try the pizza or the Sushi? Did they open the Deli yet?

Also... do you know which side of the ship is better to have an oceanview stateroom on? How was the poolside reggae band? Is there a bball court? Were there long lines for the pools?

Sorry for all the questions... just almost about to book.

Thanks!

Thank you so much for sharing your photos. I am really excited for our cruise on March 10th aboard the Imgination (30 more sleeps, but who's counting?). I really love the pictures of the 3 ladies in the ocean with the Imagination behind it...

Actually their prices are only about $10 more then I would normally pay here so for $10, not having to drive to the store to buy it, risk sneaking it on-board and having it spill in my luggage not to mention the embarassment if you did get caught. And the idea that it will be sitting in my suite waiting for me is well worth $10. I feel that is a value-added procurement experience.

I totally agree with you Ronkay. It is well worth the additional $10.00 and just the embarrasment and hassle seems like too much to contend with...besides...we're on holidays.

I have capers from the 5 day but scanner took a crap on me i can look something up if need be. Maybe i can take a good enough picture and post that. I will try.

And yes i thought i saw a texas hold em table

Robin~ I must of missed trivia when you won. I thought i made it to most of them. I was the finally trivia stick on a ship winner for our cruise! YEAH ME:)

Archived