Just back from the Holiday*Must read for 1st timers

F5Loar

I'd say check with the Matri'di in the dining room as soon as you get on board to make sure he got the word from your TA. You don't want to wonder if they did or not. If he got it then it will happen. The cake use to be free I think there is a charge now. But they will sing for you at your table. See if you can upgrade to a suite and don't tell him. That would be a great thing to do on the Holiday. Just tell your TA to keep it quite. I did that for our 10th Anniv. on the HAL Zid. and she really was surprised and it was really nice. Not sure of all the perks you get on the Holiday but those that have stayed in the those 10 suites say they are worth it.

We are traveling on the Holiday in a few days. I have been told 2 different stories when it come to eating int the main dinning room. My kids want to try lobster is it offered in the main dinning room and if so is there an additional cost?

And I thought Oprah was our friend. Sounds like she wants to send everyone into instant poverty or bankrupcy if she follows through with given every American a new car.

Yes the Holiday in the mid 80's was considered a big ship at the time. Much larger than the 400 to 1000 passenger ships there were out there at the time.

She was really Carnival's first blast into the "fun" ship saga. Since then each class of ship gets bigger and bigger. When will "I've got the biggest" stop?

X is coming out with some new smaller ships to get back to the days of old.

The days when there was an art to cruising not just fun ship madness. They will be bringing back the days when Formal night meant really "formal". When crusing was more about lying by the pool just reading a good book and you don't have to worried about kids getting your book wet or a hairy chest contest going on at your feet. Back to the formal afternoon high teas instead of cold cookies and fix your own teas. Can't wait!

While there is a really nice kids menu you may order anything for a child off the adults menu including the lobster tail for free. This time our 11 year old never looked at the kids menu. She ordered starters,appetizers,soups,salads,main entrees and desert like the rest of us. Be sure your little onestries that Warm Chocolate Melting Cake. The lobster tails are still pretty small (I call them three biters) so they should have no problem eating at least one. They can ordered Prime Rib. Every night you have the same choice of the NY Strip steak or grilled chicken or grilled salmon with baked potato and you can start every night with a jumbo shrimp cocktail if you wish which is another kid alternative since some of the fancier things may not be to their liking. Many first timers don't understand that eating in the main DR is also all you can eat. If you want 2 soups go for it. I had at least 2 soups every night sometimes 3 as I could not decide on only one.

Want to surf and turf? Choose a land meat and seafood everynight. While some waiters prefer you finish one before they bring your 2nd one I asked for them together and got 2 plates before me. PS: I only gained 2 pounds this cruise.

Archived