Port Canaveral Check In?

vbsnyder

:) CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT THEY HAVE EXPERIENCED WITH CHECK IN AT PORT CANAVERAL? WE ARE SAILING ON THE GLORY ON 8/9/2008. WE SAILED FROM THERE SEVERAL YEARS AGO BUT ARRIVED AFTER 1PM. WE ARE STAYING AT THE RADISSON AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW EARLY THEY LET YOU EMBARK. FYI-IF YOU LEAVE FROM TAMPA. CARNIVAL LETS YOU IN AT 10-WE WERE ON BOARD BY 11.:p

We were on the Glory 12/01/07 and found it very smooth getting checked in. We moved right along. The only delay was filling in the Bahama form. There weren't very many pens/pencils available, but being a woman with an endless purse I had a few. :o We took a shuttle from the Raddison at around 11:30am I think.

This was my first cruise and I thought it was a breeze.

The only problem we ran into at Glory's pier was the parking line. There were two lines, one for those wanting to drive up to the porters and drop their luggage off; and another for those who just wanted to park and carry their luggage to the drop off area themselves. The parking attendants did not tell us this until after we sat in the "porter waiting" line for about half an hour, there were tons of people waiting to unload at the porters. So we finally went into the "park and carry" line and were able to get it all done in about ten minutes. Just in case anyone runs into this, the "porter" line was to the left, the "park and carry" line was to the right.

That led to the second problem. I called my friends who were in another car and told them, so they did the same thing. Apparently all the parking attendants don't have the same information. One of them started chasing after them, frantically waving them back into the "porter waiting" line. Needless to say, my friend didn't stop.

It was very congested, and probably the least organized parking experience I have had at a pier. I have to hope that it was just a freak occurance. I heard an unconfirmed report that the ship had gotten in late that morning, so that may have been the cause of the problem.

The Sensation's parking (same port, different pier) was very easy.

Once we were inside the terminal, everything went fine.

We were on the 12/22/07 sailing and had a great experience. We left the Residence Inn by cab at about 10:45 a.m. and were on board by 11:30 a.m. The longest wait we had was waiting to drop off baggage and there was only one car ahead of us, I guess they had lots of luggage maybe. There weren't very many arrived yet so we sailed through check-in. I hope it's that smooth when we sail 4/5/08.

If you are using the Radisson shuttle service call before hand and see if they will let you go ahead and schedule the shuttle as sometimes it does book up for all the early shuttles. When we were there 11/06 the earliest shuttle they had was at 10:30 and it worked out fine. We stayed at the Country Inn & Suites Jan 18th and were able to catch a 10am shuttle. We started boarding around 11:10.

We have never had any problems sailing out of Port Canaveral.

We usually rent a car from Budget after we fly in to the Orlando/Sanford airport and return it in Port Canaveral about 10:30 a.m. then they shuttle us to the ship. On our recent Glory cruise we did just that, and we were on board by 11:30.

Fill out the Bahama forms ahead of time and it will be a breeze. I was on board , had all my stuff stowed in my cabin and was chillin' on deck with a Fosters by 1:00.

On our Glory cruise 2 weeks ago we didn't receive Bahama forms ahead of time. They were located on a table in the cruise terminal so we had to fill them out then, before we boarded. They didn't need it all filled in though, basically just name and address.

Fill out the Bahama forms ahead of time and it will be a breeze. I was on board , had all my stuff stowed in my cabin and was chillin' on deck with a Fosters by 1:00.

Is there a place to download the Bahama form?

Thanks

Archived