Suggstions for Roatan

newenglander58

I noticed you are going to Roatan next week:D

Will you be going to Gumblimba again?

I think we are going to go to the park in April:D

Can you tell me more about your experience there, thanks.

Reno3:

Much to my 2 kids dismay, we will not be going to Gumbalima again, though I would reccomend it. This year we are going to Tabayna beach as I have read nothing but wonderful reviews, and I wanted a day where we did nothing but hang out in the sand.

The drive to the park is very beautiful as you have to cross to the other side of the island, and there are some great views at the top of the ridge. Takes about 30 minutes as we can recall. The gardens are beautiful with all kinds of tropical flowers. They have a rope bridge, which we didn't cross because we had arrived at the tail end of a ran/wind storm and it was still swaying and wet. They walked you to the bird area, where I have some great pictures of my 3 year old with a very large macaw on his head. But the highlight was the 20 minutes or so we got to spend with the monkeys - be warned, they are thieves! They raided one guys pocket and got some gum; we watched as the monkey sat (out of reach) and pulled out each piece, unwrapped it, chewed on it and spit it out. 5 minutes later, he had run to a woman who was sitting on the rail with a towel in her lap and just curled up. Apparently, monkey's get stomach aches from Doublemint gum! We all loves holding them; their little hands were so soft and so much like ours. They also had a baby who was just precious. Afterwards, we headed down to the beach. While it is pretty small, we were also the only ones down there; as I said, it wasn't the best day weather wise. But the water was still warm, and basically clear and my boys took a short swim. Because they have shuttles every 30 minutes, you can stay as long as you like; they do have a snack bar if you get hungry. I can't imagine how perfect it would be if it had been sunny and calm!

Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

Reno3:

Much to my 2 kids dismay, we will not be going to Gumbalima again, though I would reccomend it. This year we are going to Tabayna beach as I have read nothing but wonderful reviews, and I wanted a day where we did nothing but hang out in the sand.

The drive to the park is very beautiful as you have to cross to the other side of the island, and there are some great views at the top of the ridge. Takes about 30 minutes as we can recall. The gardens are beautiful with all kinds of tropical flowers. They have a rope bridge, which we didn't cross because we had arrived at the tail end of a ran/wind storm and it was still swaying and wet. They walked you to the bird area, where I have some great pictures of my 3 year old with a very large macaw on his head. But the highlight was the 20 minutes or so we got to spend with the monkeys - be warned, they are thieves! They raided one guys pocket and got some gum; we watched as the monkey sat (out of reach) and pulled out each piece, unwrapped it, chewed on it and spit it out. 5 minutes later, he had run to a woman who was sitting on the rail with a towel in her lap and just curled up. Apparently, monkey's get stomach aches from Doublemint gum! We all loves holding them; their little hands were so soft and so much like ours. They also had a baby who was just precious. Afterwards, we headed down to the beach. While it is pretty small, we were also the only ones down there; as I said, it wasn't the best day weather wise. But the water was still warm, and basically clear and my boys took a short swim. Because they have shuttles every 30 minutes, you can stay as long as you like; they do have a snack bar if you get hungry. I can't imagine how perfect it would be if it had been sunny and calm!

Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

Thank you for the infor. You did book through the ship correct?

We are spending the day at the beach in Cozumel.

Archived