Vision of the seas......tell me....

tirakotchi

I haven't been midships, but we've had the JS aft cabins (port & the one right next to it, can't remember the numbers, mabye 8088), and they are very nice. The aft balconies are really large, I think the rooms are pretty much the same as the midships. We had the queen bed configuration, a sofa & chair. The bathroom has a shower/tub combo. The balcony had 2 loungers plus a table & 2 chairs. I think the midships JS only have the table & chairs because they aren't as deep. I love those aft cabins!

• 5 months later...

We were in 8014 (GS) on 4 June 04 Southbound Alaska sailing. The port side room was fantastic - great privacy, VERY quiet. We visited some friends' JS (can't remember what room, same floor though I believe) and liked the layout - for two people. We took our 3 year old daughter and were very grateful for the exta room the GS provided. We would not have been comfortable (with 3) in the JS (port side anyway).

Besides, my wife LOVED the wonderful, spacious FULL bath of the GS. I would very highly recommend this suite to anyone interested. When we sailed into Hubbard (ours was the first ship on the scene, the Mercury soon followed..with a poorer view I might add) the captain gave time for both port and starboard sides to enjoy the glacier, but mostly to the port side - I can't say enough about the room, nor the Itinerary (Skagway - Vancouver).

I don't have pics of the room (only my 3yr old napping on the big bed), but the veranda was "just right". Tons of storage space too.

Archived