Couple questions

I'm not that new to cruising but I'm pretty stumped on a couple things!

First: I'm eyeing a cruise to book, but was wondering if I should wait til we are on our cruise to book it (we will be sailing in 9 days) or if I should just go ahead and book it now. Would there be a benefit to waiting until we board?

Second: Guaranteed Staterooms. Where do I find them? I've been reading so much about them but have no idea where you find this stuff! Do you just happen to come across them in your booking process or is there a definite place where they are listed?

Thank you in advance. I just know you all will have the right answers for me!

Bo

First: I'm eyeing a cruise to book, but was wondering if I should wait til we are on our cruise to book it (we will be sailing in 9 days) or if I should just go ahead and book it now. Would there be a benefit to waiting until we board? There are two ways

1. book a specific cruise and pay the regular deposit based on the length of the cruise and then receive on board credit for the new cruise based on the length of the cruise. 3-5 nights=50$, 6-9 nights=$100 and 10+ nights =200$. The OBC can be used like cash on the cruise.

2. Next cruise option, no specific cruise, book under one name only for $100 NON-refundable deposit, never expires. The OBC will be applied once the cruise is booked. And when the cruise is booked you will have to pay the regular deposit amount based on the length-100$ deposit

Both of these options allow for changing the cruise dates/ship as long as you keep the same booking number. You would want option 1 since you already know what you want to book, but you could also buy a next cruise for the future.

Second: Guaranteed Staterooms. Where do I find them? I've been reading so much about them but have no idea where you find this stuff! Do you just happen to come across them in your booking process or is there a definite place where they are listed? Sometimes these are offered for a cruise but not always. You just pretend book a cruise and you will see a price next to the guarantee listing of the cabins if it is available. If it show n/a than they are not doing it at that point. It could change though so keep checking

I'm not that new to cruising but I'm pretty stumped on a couple things!

First: I'm eyeing a cruise to book, but was wondering if I should wait til we are on our cruise to book it (we will be sailing in 9 days) or if I should just go ahead and book it now. Would there be a benefit to waiting until we board?

Second: Guaranteed Staterooms. Where do I find them? I've been reading so much about them but have no idea where you find this stuff! Do you just happen to come across them in your booking process or is there a definite place where they are listed?

Thank you in advance. I just know you all will have the right answers for me!

Bo

If you wait, even 9 days, to book your cruise, the price could increase during that time and the increase might even be enough to negate any benefit you get by booking on board. Also, if there is a specific stateroom that you are interested in, that room could be gone in the interim. What you might want to do, is book now, and when you get onboard, check to see if price has risen. If it hasn't you can have the loyalty ambassador cancel your booking and then rebook to gain the onboard credit. If the price drops anytime between the time you book and your sailing date, RCI will usually honor the lower price so you are pretty much protected by booking now rather than later.:)

If you wait, even 9 days, to book your cruise, the price could increase during that time and the increase might even be enough to negate any benefit you get by booking on board. Also, if there is a specific stateroom that you are interested in, that room could be gone in the interim. What you might want to do, is book now, and when you get onboard, check to see if price has risen. If it hasn't you can have the loyalty ambassador cancel your booking and then rebook to gain the onboard credit. If the price drops anytime between the time you book and your sailing date, RCI will usually honor the lower price so you are pretty much protected by booking now rather than later.:)

I'm doing the same thing - I want to book a cruise for the Fall and we are sailing in 3 weeks. I've been waiting to book onboard. If they rebook when we are on board do they transfer the funds from the one booking to the next? or do we have to pay another deposit and wait on a return from the first deposit (does this make sense?)

Thanks!

I'm doing the same thing - I want to book a cruise for the Fall and we are sailing in 3 weeks. I've been waiting to book onboard. If they rebook when we are on board do they transfer the funds from the one booking to the next? or do we have to pay another deposit and wait on a return from the first deposit (does this make sense?)

Thanks!

We did this and they just transferred the deposit over, very easy. But keep in mind that you COULD lose the room in that few minutes while they are canceling one and booking the new one. Also any booking on board will be at the current rate so double check it hasn't gone up which would negate the obc.

We did this and they just transferred the deposit over, very easy. But keep in mind that you COULD lose the room in that few minutes while they are canceling one and booking the new one. Also any booking on board will be at the current rate so double check it hasn't gone up which would negate the obc.

Thanks for the info - I might just book it today :)

What I did was book before I went on the ship. Then when I got on the ship the Loyalty Ambassador booked a placeholder reservation for me - and did not charge me a 2nd deposit. Then when I got home, I called and they combined the two reservations for me giving me the lower price, the room I wanted, and the onboard booking credit.

I did this at the advice of the RCCL rep I originally booked with.

Archived