SweetEmi: Need Kona planning advice

PR1NCESSD1ANE

My friend, Annette suggested the following: It is south of Kona and you ride down to the bay and where Captain Cook's Monument is.

KING'S TRAIL RIDES AND TACK SHOP

Highway 11 at the 111 Mile Marker

Kealakekua, HI

(South Kona District)

Tel. (808) 323-2388

Ride their well trained horses to Captain Cook's Monument at Kealakekua Bay to swim, snorkel, and enjoy a picnic lunch fit for a King (4 hours). They are also mobile and will customize a ride just for you.

I found the following website with several different places on it. I have only gone once and it was a ranch on Kohala Mountain. I really enjoyed it. I don't remember which one it was though...sorry.

http://www.alternative-hawaii.com/activity/bisrhb.htm

Right next to the hospital where I work in Waimea is a sign I drive by every day that points to a horseback riding place, but I haven't paid enough attention to even remember the name of it. It would be closer to Kona than the Mountain. I could get the name or number next time I'm at work if you'd like.

Aloha,

Emi

NCL Star-08/31/03 in Hawaii!

NCL Star-11/13/04 to Mexico!

Alaska summer 2005!

Thank you so much Emi. I'll send a few e-mails out now to the ranches that you've provided info on to get exact location, etc. The mule ride on the Kohala mountain looked appealing, however, I'm not quite sure whether we want to head out that far away from the ship. The tour to the Capt. Cook monument includes snorkeling (which we do not enjoy), so I'm not sure if that would be a good choice for us.

Thank you too for all of the other info you have been providing for so long. I've been reading posts from long ago which you have written that have given me quite an education regarding Hawaii.

Thank you! Let me know if you need any other info. Actually, when I went "horse" back riding, I got the only mule they had. He was a big one and I remember his name was Nui, which means Big, Important, etc.

Aloha,

Emi

NCL Star-08/31/03 in Hawaii!

NCL Star-11/13/04 to Mexico!

Alaska summer 2005!

Archived