CruiseAir- Vancouver Cruise-Seattle Flight?

I just booked RCL, Serenade, August 08, RT Vancouver. Right now RT airfare was cheaper through RCL, so I added it to the cruise. I also booked 1 night pre-cruise at the Fairmont which was also less than booking online with hotel. Surprise!:eek:

My question is???? Is there a chance the RCL will send me to Seattle and shuttle me to Vancouver? Has anyone booked CruiseAir for a RT Vancouver cruise to only be sent to Seattle, so that RCL could save a few $$$$? I want to keep my eyes out for better airfare, but want to be able to compare apples to apples. I know already that I can get airfare for less RT to Seattle than what I paid RCL, I don't want to go to Seattle though only to have to sit on a shuttle for 4 hours. Anyone with experience on this? Any help/advice?

Thanks

disneydiane

I had looked into cruise air last year for the same cruise and I was told that we would definitely be flown into Vancouver not Seattle.

I don't know where you live but we got amazing deal with Cathay Pacific for 300$ per person round trip direct. Check for flights with sidestep.com or kayak.com. BTW that flight is still running out of NY.

Because of crazy circumstances and my daughter flying in from San Francisco we stayed at the Radisson Presidential in Vancouver which I got on Priceline for $70 and it was beautiful.

disneydiane61: While we have NOT done RT air to or thru Vancouver, we have done Vancouver as part of a 'package' air package (Hawaii cruise). The ONLY reason we took this option was the cruise air was far cheaper than we were ever able to book ourselves (VERY SHOCKING, but very true). We were flown into Vancouver NOT Seattle.

IF you wish to make certain of this option, you could spend $50 pp for 'custom' air (plus any increase in flight costs, which if you book early should not be anything) and select your flights....... Yes, it is more costly, but it is an option and then you are certain of where you end up. IF you are Platinum C&A, this is a free option, unless the flights you choose are more costly.

Bruce

PS: Like Sue, we used Priceline and got the Sheraton Wall Center for $70. Very nice hotel......got an upper floor w/ harbor view!!!

disneydiane61- we are going on the Serenade and cruise/air was cheaper for us too. Because we are C&A platinium, we did the 'custom air" and they are flying us into Vancouver, never mentioned Seattle @ all.

When in August r u going? We go on the 30th. If you are with us come join our roll call: :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=541418&page=8

Gail

Archived