Could they send me to Seattle????

disneydiane61

I just booked RCL, Serenade, August 08, RT Vancouver. Right now RT airfare was cheaper through RCL, so I added it to the cruise. I also booked 1 night pre-cruise at the Fairmont which was also less than booking online with hotel. Surprise!:eek:

My question is???? Is there a chance the RCL will send me to Seattle and shuttle me to Vancouver? Has anyone booked CruiseAir for a RT Vancouver cruise to only be sent to Seattle, so that RCL could save a few $$$$? I want to keep my eyes out for better airfare, but want to be able to compare apples to apples. I know already that I can get airfare for less RT to Seattle than what I paid RCL, I don't want to go to Seattle though only to have to sit on a shuttle for 4 hours. Anyone with experience on this? Any help/advice?

Thanks

disneydiane

Yes, RCCL has been known to fly people into Seattle for cruises out of Vancouver.

Have you considered calling and checking on Custom Air? For a $50 to $75 fee you could guarantee that you are on a flight into Vancouver instead of Seattle.

As Wrona said, it is entirely possible that you might come here. Air deviation will guarantee you a flight into YVR and is worth the money if you can afford it. (but, before you spend it, have RCI tell you which airport is more likely for your particular departure. They will can give you an idea (though not exact flights) any time less than 320 days out, and you are inside of that now).

I also booked 1 night pre-cruise at the Fairmont which was also less than booking online with hotel. Surprise!:eek:

I assume you do realize that the rates for hotels quoted by the cruiselines are per person and the rates quoted directly are per room.

John

I assume you do realize that the rates for hotels quoted by the cruiselines are per person and the rates quoted directly are per room.

John

Extremely valuable point John. When we did Alaska in 06 I was so excited that the cruiselines offered a better deal. Was telling our TA that and she reminded me that the cruiseline cost was per person. "IF" we had booked thru the cruiseline it would of cost a great deal more money for us.

We are going to Alaska via Vancouver this year too. Have found that we can get discounts at a number of the hotels with the entertainment card discount and many with the AAA (auto club) discount. Always worth checking out all options.

We are going to Alaska via Vancouver this year too. Have found that we can get discounts at a number of the hotels with the entertainment card discount and many with the AAA (auto club) discount. Always worth checking out all options.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will be looking into that.

Yep, I remembered that it was the cost per person. Still cheaper with RCL for the Fairmont. I will call RCL about Vancouver vs Seattle but I trust this board much more so than anyone that I would speak to w/RCL. Any others out there who have advice or experience please chime in.

disneydiane

Check with the airline direct. Today I bought tickets to Anchorage and back from Vancouver several hundred dollars less that offered by cruise line and got the seats and routes I wanted. Just happened to hit a good deal but of course I watched the fares several times a day.

Archived