Pride thread only

pkrchkr

Make sure you go to the "Super Trivia" contest. It was the best crew activity we did! Lawrence (from the activities staff) was very entertaining...it's a 3-day contest and the game is played each sea day. (I think it was 11:30am in the Starry Nights Lounge). Try to team up with someone smart! LOL

OK, fess up, which team were you on? ;) I was a Beetle. :D The trivia was quite fun on this cruise! I really enjoyed Super Trivia even though we so badly lost after the first day.

I can't believe you weren't off until 11:30! We were checking into our hotel in Disneyland by then! We were in Zone 6, the first group after the early flights and self-disembark, and we were in the car by 10:30.

We also arrived early - about 10:45 - because we thought the drive to the port would be an hour. Apparently either the traffic was light or I retained more of my Jersey driving skills than I thought. We were in Zone 2 and thought boarding went fairly well. Our rooms were ready when we got on, so we could drop off our bags before going to Lido Lunch.

For the Kids Club - my three year old LOVED it. As in, woke up in the morning and wanted to go IMMEDIATELY. He didn't like the face painting but every other activity was thrilling to him. He told us all about every little detail at dinner. However, there was a little girl we met in line to board, and we saw her a couple times on board - she refused to go to Kids Club at all. So there's no way to know, I guess.

The ship was nice, though I guess since it's a bit dark, the ceilings seem a bit low. The staff was INCREDIBLY friendly. Our cabin dude and waiters were very good with Russ, unlike the last cruise with RCCL. (Which might have been a fluke or whatever - I've had good RCCL cruises before my little guy!)

We went to the Supper Club the night we were in PV. It was empty - literally us and one other couple. The waitresses were almost hovering. The food was VERY good, though. I couldn't finish mine, it was that filling! But, don't order french onion soup in a nice restuarant. It's too messy. ;)

Russ and I went to tea once, but it was very crowded and all they served was Lipton. We enjoyed a chocolate cake though! Oh, and the coffee sucked all around, even from the pay-place. But, I may have been called a coffee snob before... :D

In PV, we went to Sea Life Park to do the dolphin thing. It was OK - Russ loved the dolphins and slides and such. I was not a fan of the slides. One was VERY fast and another, I got hurt on. Mexican standards are a bit different!! The kids' play area was good, though.

In Mazatlan, we went to Stone Island, which was very nice. We did an off-boat tour, which started with a harbor tour, which was boring and took forever. Next time I'd probably go on the ferry instead. However, the company did offer a banana boat ride just for Russ and another little girl, nice and slow for the kids.

In Cabo, we just walked around a bit. It was much too hot and humid for us, so we wilted and went back for an AC nap. I'd love to go back just to Cabo in the winter, though!

I will dig through my pictures to see what I have!

What is considered an early flight? A bunch of in my group have a flight to where our shuttle has requested us to meet them before 9 am in the morning off of the ship in order to have us at LAX on time.

What is considered an early flight? A bunch of in my group have a flight to where our shuttle has requested us to meet them before 9 am in the morning off of the ship in order to have us at LAX on time.

I think they said flights before 2 or so were considered early.

We are in room 6225 on the Pride in June 09. it is a balcony room for 4 people. Does anyone know where the one upper bunk is located? Any pictures would be appreciated.

I saw pictures of the upper bunk somewhere in this forum but don't remember where. It was above the couch and the couch is also a bed.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone!

I was just curious as to what deck you get on the Pride when in Long Beach?

We boarded on the Promenade deck (deck 2). That was where we first saw the rich wood and the many windows. We headed aft and ended up in Beauties Dance Club.

We also disembarked on the Promenade Deck. We sat in some comfortable chairs in the Florentine Lounge waiting for our number to be called.

Enjoy your cruise. The Pride is a beautiful ship!

We boarded on the Promenade deck (deck 2). That was where we first saw the rich wood and the many windows. We headed aft and ended up in Beauties Dance Club.

We also disembarked on the Promenade Deck. We sat in some comfortable chairs in the Florentine Lounge waiting for our number to be called.

Enjoy your cruise. The Pride is a beautiful ship!

Thanks gumballz for the info! I am really looking forward to seeing this ship. Lots of positive comments about the Pride. Glad we get to see her before she "ships" out of Long Beach!

Hi everyone!

I was just curious as to what deck you get on the Pride when in Long Beach?

Also, if we decide to bring on some water, do we give it to the porters or do we have to carry it on?

Thanks for any answers!!

In May 06, we boarded on the Atlantic deck. I was totally thrown for a loop since I was expecting to board through the Atrium gangway on the Promenade deck and had carefully prepared a route to our cabin. (I even rehearsed it in my head for a month before the cruise. No I don't have OCD.)

I had asked one of the purser's assistants if it was because of low tide or such and she claimed that all Spirit class ships always board via the Atlantic deck. She may or may not have known what she was talking about.

To me it doesn't make sense because on the Atlantic deck you debouch into the picture sales area which is configured for loss control (i.e. constricted movement) and you're pretty much constrained to Atrium elevator bank. Boarding on the Promenade deck gives the crowd more room to spread out and utilize the other elevator banks. Also, I think the Atrium presents a better first impression. (My first impression of Carnival Pride was the backs of the people in front of me who wouldn't get out of my way.) My only guess is that perhaps what works best for embarkation doesn't work as well for debarkation.

We got on and off on deck 3 this past week.

As a side note..I have to give the Pride a serious icon14.gif

A very nice ship, great crew and they don't make those team score announcements during dinner, I may be getting old ('m only 37) but I like to enjoy a nice conversation over dinner, not listen to someone babble on for 5 minutes about team scores..that mean nothing...

Another sure sign that I am getting old, the one thing that did annoy me was our night in PV, we had a very large storm roll through town starting around 5pm, so out the window went the dinner plans. We ate on board.

Firstly it was probably the best menu of the cruise (for me) though the steak that was described as a the finest steak was, well nasty.

However my main moan is, who came up with the idea of having a mariachi band walk around the restaurant playing for "our enjoyment", again I may well be an moaning about nothing old person as I am sure some people enjoyed it, but I found it kind of annoying to have 5 trumpets blown in my ear while trying to eat dinner.

Other than that...great cruise despite a little hurricane diversion...which is another thing to moan about, but that's enough moaning out of me for the day.

I posted a separate thread, but this will probably work much better and I was able to "cheat" and cut/paste my question, so here it is:

Finally, our time is here and we're trying to plan our M & G :D :D Does anyone know at approximately what time muster will takes place?

We've also read that a good place to gather is Lido, Aft bar. Does anyone know the name of it?

Thanks a lot.

Thanks Lynn.

Now I just need to find out when Muster is.:confused:

The Muster is normally at 3:30-3:45. I have an issue with the way Carnival does that too, you leave port while still at Muster. Or the few cruises I have been on with carnival have been this way. I like to be on deck with a drink on hand for sail away. I am hoping the Pride does not do this when we cruise in 2.5 weeks.

The Muster is normally at 3:30-3:45. I have an issue with the way Carnival does that too, you leave port while still at Muster. Or the few cruises I have been on with carnival have been this way. I like to be on deck with a drink on hand for sail away. I am hoping the Pride does not do this when we cruise in 2.5 weeks.

Thanks a lot. I'll let you know since we'll be cruising on Sunday:D :p

They did it last Sunday, I know what you mean, kind of strange to be standing there when we all know the right place is to be sitting at a table, drink in hand.

We were on the diverted Pride. I really didn't like how the ship set sail while the muster drill was still going on. Would waiting a half hour really affect our arrival to PV? There's no way that a half hour could be made up over two sea days? I find that very hard to believe. Part of the a cruise experience is being up on the top decks while the ship sails away from the city. Can you imagine the uproar if the muster drill was still going on while the ship went under the bridge in Tampa or the Golden Gate Bridge or sailing through the channel in Ft Lauderdale or Miami? I'd be outraged.

Archived