Pride thread only

pkrchkr

Ok Pride cruisers, I am on the Pride (1st carnival cruise) in November. I booked a flight out of LAX that leaves at 12:15pm. will I make it?:eek:

The Pride doesn't take off til 4pm so you should be good as long as there are no flight delays. :)

I too would be interested in seeing pics of an aft balcony (not wrap around). We got an aft balcony on the Empress Deck for our cruise in April. If ya got pics of these, please post'em! Many thanks!

Ok here you go!! A link to room 4241 on the Pride, aft balcony regular room;) P.S. Go to page 3!

Hi Edmonton31....you guys will be just down the hall from us! There are 3 of us and two of you....want to trade!? Tee Hee LOL...;) :rolleyes: :D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=416221

Smiles, Connie

Has anyone stayed on the empress deck before??

It should be nice and quiet. 2 floors of rooms above and below. I have been assigned to room 6212. It's about midship on port side.

Anyone been in this particular room or one like it??

Thanks for any info.

Oh, one more thing. It seems like nobody cruises in april. Why is that??

Is it a bad weather month or what??

Take care and smooth sailing to all!!

Hey C train , cesare if Im not mistaken. We were on the Legend a few years ago for the Thanksgiving cruise , unless Im mistaken. Anyway how did you like the Mexican Riveria itin ? I was a bit worried I may not like it, any must sees? Or favorites?

Hope all is well.

Bonnie

Hi Bonnie, how have you been? I do recall you from the Legend and I see that RollCall is still going strong. That is incredible. We did have a good roll call with the Pride trip we just went on.

Our group enjoyed the Mexican Riviera very much, and in general I like Mexico the 2nd time for a few of us. We are ready to do a different itin though.

Puerto Vallarta, the longest port of call, is in many ways old mexico and is a large city. My wife and I received outstanding massages at the Krystal resort, 75 mins for $75 a couple. Awesome massage!!! Others in the group ziplined with a group called Los Veranos, and said the excursion was great. Later in the evening many went to Senor Frogs and had a great time.

Mazatlan is an up and coming tourist destination. I did a city tour and realized there is a ton of history in the city. Others in the group rode horses with Randi's Happy Horses, which comes highly reccommended. The comments I heard from most of them were very favorable. There is a lot of shopping a short cab ride from the port area.

In my opinion, and most in our group, Cabo is the best stop on the cruise. Regretably it is the shortest stop, with the ship leaving at 4pm. Cabo is a modern looking city near the port area. Several people did an ATV tour but most of us just went with the flow and had a great time. Cabo Wabo is a must see, but it is clear it gets wild in the evening, as does much of the city. Medano Beach is a hot spot and a few in the group went there and rented wave runners.

All in all the cruise is very good, and the Pride is very reminiscent of the Legend. It can be very costly to get to the LA area from the east coast.

Take Care,

Caesar

I'm staying there anyway, we will only be in one day early, I think I can deal with it.

I am pretty sure we are there the same day/night you will be there. :D Too easy with the early check in being so close.;)

I also was on the Pride 2/17 through 2/24. My first cruise and I enjoyed myself. I thought there could have been a big improvement on the food though... One step up from hospital food (other than the presentation - it was beautiful most of the time). I felt like most of the food tasted the same. Now I am curious to know if that is just the way things are with food on cruise ships, or if another cruise line would have high standards/quality of food?????

I have never been on a cruise that I felt the food tasted the same. I have had food that I was not impressed with but normally that is just one meal or one item. Heck with all the options I can find something to eat to make me happy.

I am sorry you had a bad experience. Believe me you will find that not all cruiselines will be the same. I have even gone on the same ship and had different experience with the food.

This is our 2nd cruise, 1st on the Carnival Pride. Will be reading this thread for as long as it stays alive. Besides the 24hr pizza place is their any other kind of food available between meals. I am afraid that we got spoiled on NCL...

You can order room service 24 hours. They have some amazing sandwiches. All of the Carnival ships offer 24 hour roomservice. Otherwise it is the pizza. We found after drinking and dancing we found our way to the pizza galleria every night. They also offer casear salads 24 hours too and calzones.

What are some of the hotels close by?

I have found a few. We had thought about the QM, Coast, Best Western and Comfort Inn & Suites at Long Beach.

We'll be staying at the Coast in exactly one week. They have a Park & Sail package, where you can get a room for the night and park your car for the week. I'll let you everyone know how it went in a couple of weeks.

We'll be staying at the Coast in exactly one week. They have a Park & Sail package, where you can get a room for the night and park your car for the week. I'll let you everyone know how it went in a couple of weeks.

Thank you. I have contacted their sales department and have been quotes a decent rate.

Sorry, I meant after the cruise is over.

You know if I would of checked where you were from I would of figured that out. Partly my fault. Yes, You should make it. The people who have flights to make are automatically the first ones off the ship. Us people who drive are on the ship much longer. :)

Debbie, LOL Thanks, I thought I was going crazy!! We booked 8164, so just a few doors down from where your cabin was. I agree, a balcony is heaven!!!

Any tips for what to do or see ? We've always done the caribbean, this will be our first mexican riveria cruise.

Bonnie

slotsaddict, gosh it looks like everyone is going on Nov 2. Im booked for Nov 9 th, save some food and booze for our sailing LOL

Bonnie

Bonnie, In Mazatlan we did the Shopping, Beach & Lunch tour. They supply the transportation to the Golden Zone which is a shopping area. You see a show there with the Papalanta flyers. You then can do some shopping. When you get tired of shopping you head to the hotel that Carnival has designated for you. You would than have the lunch buffett off the beach. The hotel supplies you with towels. You can than do what you want. We just laid in the sun, swam in the ocean, then went swimming in there beautiful pool. It was alot of fun. We really enjoyed that tour. There was a little of everything to do. As hot as it was in all 3 ports it was so nice swim in the ocean and pool.

Honestly, I think Cabo was the prettiest of all three ports, but your just not there long enough. We wished we had more time to spend there. We did go to Cabo Wabo. It was a place you must see according to my husband. It was a bit pricey when all we got were chips and lemonade. Couldn't believe the bill. Outrageous.

Debbie :)

Was curious about the success rate of people bringing alcohol on board the Pride? Who has done it and gotten away with it? And who has had the misfortune of getting caught.

I read a bunch of people on the first sailing in February were very successful.

Sorry, I meant after the cruise is over.

Bonnie we will make sure we have the first debarking number. We will do the shuttle thingie I sent you and we should be fine. I know I worry too though. :rolleyes:

What is the best way from LAX to long beach hotel, then pu from pier back to LAX? We don't fly often, and are rarely with out a car. Thanks everyone for their views of the ports. Has anyone done the horseback riding in PV? Should we just get of the ship in cabo? Can you get to the beach easily? We want to see the great history that mazalan has to offer, but want to go to the beach and drink cheap beer in the afternoon. Any suggestions?Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Wow,

Thanks pkrchkr for starting this thread. It was so far down the list I almost didn't see it. I've read so much great information about the Pride. We are sailing on July 13th (anniversary!).

I've found the capers on web shots for the cruises back in the winter months however I can't find anything after day light savings time. Does anyone know what time zone the ship is on? I think it's Central time zone, but does P.V. or Mexico do day light savings.

Trying to book my own tours at each port. P.V. , Mazatlan, and Cabo all seem to be on different times. HELP!

I read somewhere that the ship is on Central but I still need to know about day light savings.

• 1 month later...
hi all, i was wondering which night the ship hosts a past guest cocktail party for carnival pride?

If memory serves me right, it is the first formal night. I love the past guest cocktail party, they are so much fun!

Wow,

Thanks pkrchkr for starting this thread. It was so far down the list I almost didn't see it. I've read so much great information about the Pride. We are sailing on July 13th (anniversary!).

I've found the capers on web shots for the cruises back in the winter months however I can't find anything after day light savings time. Does anyone know what time zone the ship is on? I think it's Central time zone, but does P.V. or Mexico do day light savings.

Trying to book my own tours at each port. P.V. , Mazatlan, and Cabo all seem to be on different times. HELP!

I read somewhere that the ship is on Central but I still need to know about day light savings.

Your welcome...Boy!!!I thought it was lost:eek: We are counting down the days till we leave...Can't wait

Archived