Milli -Olympic Restaurant

johnsgirl

No, we booked after we boarded. We could have counted all the occupied tables on one hand when we dined there. We were quite disappointed with the service and the food was no better than the main dining room. Even though the Olympic was almost empty we were seated right in front of the cutlery drawers... we should have asked for a different table but we didn't....

Without any disrespect to the OP, being CC members, we booked our reservation 60 days before sailing. We then realized we were booked on a formal night, and wanted to do that in the Dining Room.

We immediately went to change our reservation. We could not get in on the first two days we wanted, so we settled for a third. The night we ate there, the restaurant was absolutely packed. Our experience was excellent, and I continue to rave about the Goat Cheese Soufflé. We found the food to be excellent, and service, outstanding.

I don't know how accurate this is, but I heard they serve a maximum of approximately 120 guests a night.

When I sailed on the Millennium on the 16th of December, they had sign-up for the Olympic going on Deck 10 during embarkation. We got the day and time we wanted with no difficulties. Like anything else in life, the first folks in line get the most opportunities. Make a reservation in advance if you are a member of the Captain's Club. If not, make your reservation on Day 1.

We have sailed on Millie several times and always tried the Olympic. Usually the food and service is outstanding. Our last experience left much to be desired. We were seated directly in front of the preparation table and felt like we were in a busy traffic location. My chair was bumped more than once by the busy servers. The level of service was not on a par with previous experiences in this dining room.

I hope this experience was an anomaly!

Friends we met from this forum invited us to join them, and they booked several nights to suit their plans on embarking. Wonderful!! We did the wine match which was lovely.

Can anyone tell me how to book in advance? We are CC members....do we call Celebrity directly? Can you book it online thru their website?

Thanks!

You need to call the CC within 60 days of your sailing and give them a first and second choice for your reservations. If you don't get confirmation within a week of your sailing call CC again to check on it. We had some issues getting our confirmation email (never did) but after 4 calls had it confirmed over the phone.

It was worth all the trouble, it was GREAT!:)

You need to call the CC within 60 days of your sailing and give them a first and second choice for your reservations. If you don't get confirmation within a week of your sailing call CC again to check on it. We had some issues getting our confirmation email (never did) but after 4 calls had it confirmed over the phone.

It was worth all the trouble, it was GREAT!:)

I am also getting concearned, we are CC members and called to get a ressie for our anniversary long ago. The said we would get a confirmation close to sailing, we have called twice...still nothing. We sail out on the 8th of Feb.

We have sailed on Millie several times and always tried the Olympic. Usually the food and service is outstanding. Our last experience left much to be desired. We were seated directly in front of the preparation table and felt like we were in a busy traffic location. My chair was bumped more than once by the busy servers. The level of service was not on a par with previous experiences in this dining room.

Us too! We couldn't believe it...and 90% of the tables remained empty during our whole dinner.

We were on the Millie in December. I am sorry to say that we had similar experiences. We also found the food as good as it has been in the Olympic on previous cruises.

I hope these are just solitary experiences. We always book once or twice in the Specialty Restaurants. We have an upcoming cruise on the Connie. This is the first time we haven't made advance reservations. We will wait and get feedback from other diners when onboard.

We dined in The Olympic last February and it was amazing...I am so surprised that others had bad experiences...the food was astounding and the service was even better. We felt like royalty!! (or celebrities haha :D )

We booked on board on I believe it was Monday and dined on Thursday. The restaurant was fairly empty when we arrived as it was a rather early reservation, but by the time we left it was packed. I really can't say enough about the service... my husband and I agree that it was one of the best meals we've ever had.

We discovered that you can book early as CC members and are sailing on the Summit on March 1st. We have already called and made our 1st and 2nd choices...now we just have to wait for the confirmation!! We can't wait :D

BTW, another vote here for the goat cheese souffle!! ;)

I think it really depends on who is in the kitchen and who is the head Maitre D at the time. There is often a change of command. This can work for or against one's enjoyment.

Our experience in the Olympic was Xceptional, something we still talk about today. At that time the Olympic manager was Rafael who was amazing as was the rest of the staff in the restaurant. Anyone know if he is still the restaurant manager? Maybe not since this was almost 2 years ago.

We sailed for 2 weeks on Millie in November - Olympic was exceptional. We dined there 3 times, including the wine cellar room.

The food was superb.

The staff was also tops - Maitre d' Antal was excellent, as was the staff (Mohammed, Gaspar, Giovanni, etc.).

Availability varies, and can get sold out - so I would suggest that once you embark and drop your stuff off in your stateroom, go to the restaurant and make a couple of reservations there. The temporary table upstairs is also an option, though we've never used it.

We also enjoyed Oceanliners in April 07, and it was also terrific. At that time, Ishmael was Maitre d' - I believe now moved to the Quest or Journey.

Our experience in the Olympic was Xceptional, something we still talk about today. At that time the Olympic manager was Rafael who was amazing as was the rest of the staff in the restaurant. Anyone know if he is still the restaurant manager? Maybe not since this was almost 2 years ago.

Raffaele Bernardini, who we first met when he was Maitre d' of the Olympic, is now the Hotel Director on Constellation - we had a nice chat with him during the Senior Officers' party just last month (January 2008).

Just wondering what your experience has been on the first night of the cruise.

We've made reservations for 6/6:30 the first night. We like to dine early and we don't like crowds, especially because my MIL is on oxygen. She gets nervous around a lot of people, so we're hoping it will be fairly empty.

Thanks so much!:o

I don't think you'll have anything but a great experience at that time. We had a 7pm reservation and it was only half full when we got in, but shortly, it was packed.

On a serious note, (not trying to be funny).....Make sure you tell the waiter of your MIL's oxygen. They cook table side with open flames.

I don't think you'll have anything but a great experience at that time. We had a 7pm reservation and it was only half full when we got in, but shortly, it was packed.

On a serious note, (not trying to be funny).....Make sure you tell the waiter of your MIL's oxygen. They cook table side with open flames.

Sorry, but it made me laugh anyway. Thanks for the tip!

She may not take it to dinner (the oxygen, not the flames). She usually leaves it home when she goes for a walk and she does okay for a short time. But I'll alert the staff in advance just in case.

Again, thanks!

Archived