Harbor House Hotel or Holiday Inn on Seawall

Zobrina

I've stayed at the Holiday Inn on the Seawall. If I had a choice between the two, I'd pick the Harbor House although I've not stayed there. There's a Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort on Seawall Blvd. too...it's newer and more expensive, but I'm assuming you're talking about the regular old Holiday Inn and it's just getting old. I've heard nothing but good things about the Harbor House and it's a short walk from there to the pier.

• 3 weeks later...

WOW!!! This was a great hotel and a great stay. We (along with several other CC members) reserved the Harbor House prior to the Feb 10, 2008 Conquest cruise. The dates for Feb were not released until September. We also did not have to reserve 2 nights - which I have read they sometimes require. We arrived at 4 PM and watched the Ecstasy sail away then checked in. Our room was large. We had a king size bed, a sitting area with a love seat and chair, an area with a desk, and tv. The bathroom was a typical bathroom with tub/shower, toilet and sink. A coffee pot with starbucks coffee and teabags were in the room. Soap, shampoo and conditioner were provided. An iron and ironing board were in the closet. Our room view was facing away from the cruise ship area, but we enjoyed the view. The windows opened and we enjoyed a fresh sea breeze. We did notice some slept with there windows open.

We met others from our CC group in a lounge they have on the 2nd floor. This was a great meeting place and this is where a continental breakfast is served in the morning. We all walked to Joe's Crab Shack for dinner - there was 30 + of us and they treated us very well. They reserved the upstairs area for us and we had a private area for our get together.

In the morning about 1/2 of us met on the pier and watched the Conquest and Voyager arrive. We then enjoyed breakfast and met at 10:00 for the walk to the pier. The walk over was about 2 blocks. This was an easy walk.

Our car was parked in their parking lot and we came back with our car safe and sound. I walked back to the parking lot and drove over to pick up my passengers and our luggage - this was very quick.

I will be staying here again.

WOW!!! This was a great hotel and a great stay. We (along with several other CC members) reserved the Harbor House prior to the Feb 10, 2008 Conquest cruise. The dates for Feb were not released until September. We also did not have to reserve 2 nights - which I have read they sometimes require. We arrived at 4 PM and watched the Ecstasy sail away then checked in. Our room was large. We had a king size bed, a sitting area with a love seat and chair, an area with a desk, and tv. The bathroom was a typical bathroom with tub/shower, toilet and sink. A coffee pot with starbucks coffee and teabags were in the room. Soap, shampoo and conditioner were provided. An iron and ironing board were in the closet. Our room view was facing away from the cruise ship area, but we enjoyed the view. The windows opened and we enjoyed a fresh sea breeze. We did notice some slept with there windows open.

We met others from our CC group in a lounge they have on the 2nd floor. This was a great meeting place and this is where a continental breakfast is served in the morning. We all walked to Joe's Crab Shack for dinner - there was 30 + of us and they treated us very well. They reserved the upstairs area for us and we had a private area for our get together.

In the morning about 1/2 of us met on the pier and watched the Conquest and Voyager arrive. We then enjoyed breakfast and met at 10:00 for the walk to the pier. The walk over was about 2 blocks. This was an easy walk.

Our car was parked in their parking lot and we came back with our car safe and sound. I walked back to the parking lot and drove over to pick up my passengers and our luggage - this was very quick.

I will be staying here again.

I hope you took some time to "walk the Strand", another great thing about Galveston,and very close to the Harbor House.

We've stayed here twice, and have nothing but praise for the staff and accomodations there. It(obviously) overlooks the Gulf, and sunrise from your balcony is spectacular. Be sure to request floors 5 or higher, as lower floors may have obstructed views from the trees around the building.There is a nice sized pool, and you can simply cross the street and head down the steps to the beach.

It's within walking distance of several resteraunts. One of our favs is Salsa's which is about 3 blocks away.

One of the main perks was free parking for the duration of your cruise, and free shuttle service to the port and back. They leave from the hotel lobby, and upon return drop you off at your vehicle.

Archived