Just Off the Majesty of the Seas!!

someone posted last month that Abe Huges had moved to Brilliance.

OP - am I to understand that since your did Customs and Immigration in Key West, that you didn't do it in Miami, you just walked off the ship and got your taxi?

Yes,you just walk through customs in Key West, and in Miami it's off you go.

Glad you had a great time. This will be our second time sailing on her. Was there a barbeque at the pool one of the nights? We missed it because of rain. Just wondering if they still have it.

Yes,on the 4 day last august it was the Nassau day.

How was security at port of Miami ? Were they checking all bags for booze or were people gettin on no probs ...:D

Do they still have live bands on board ?

Sailin in 2 weeeks...cant wait to see how she looks after dry dock !!

We're doing a b2b on the Majesty too, what was the process for clearing customs on Monday morning on the turnaround day? How long did you have the ship to yourself before the new passengers started boarding?

It was really simple. After everyone had left the ship, they took us down to customs, they looked at our passports, said hello and we were back on the ship.

We had new Seapass cards and instructions delivered to our room the night before.

We had the ship to ourselves until around 11:15. We would have had around 2 hours but some of the late night party folks wouldn't get off the ship and they had to go find them :confused: .

It was really simple. After everyone had left the ship, they took us down to customs, they looked at our passports, said hello and we were back on the ship.

We had new Seapass cards and instructions delivered to our room the night before.

We had the ship to ourselves until around 11:15. We would have had around 2 hours but some of the late night party folks wouldn't get off the ship and they had to go find them :confused: .

Thanks for the information, we're looking forward to this cruise, we were originally booked on a 5-day on the Enchantment in a JS and with air fare from the Midwest being what it is we decided to switch to a b2b on the Majesty for less $$ and we still get our 2 C&A credits.

Could you please tell me what the entertainment was on your cruise? ? Less than two months and counting for my next Majesty cruise!

There were a coiple of production shows by the Royal Caribbean singers and dancers that were fairly good. One featured Motown and the other was based on groups such as Abba and the 70s and 80s). One evening was a magician/ comedian and I'm sorry...don't remember his name.

David Orien (sp) is a comedian that has opened for Jerry Seinfeld and also won Star Search...he was outstanding. Maybe put on the best show we have seen on our cruises. At least that night he was :D .

There were a coiple of production shows by the Royal Caribbean singers and dancers that were fairly good. One featured Motown and the other was based on groups such as Abba and the 70s and 80s). One evening was a magician/ comedian and I'm sorry...don't remember his name.

David Orien (sp) is a comedian that has opened for Jerry Seinfeld and also won Star Search...he was outstanding. Maybe put on the best show we have seen on our cruises. At least that night he was :D .

I like your "quest for the pin" we'll get our pin after our back to back on the Majesty.

Sailin in 2 weeeks...cant wait to see how she looks after dry dock !!

We're on her too in 2 weeks sledhead, there's a roll call Majesty OTS 2-18-08 where just me, Annsplans, Litehouse9, and Pugsley have touched base. Annsplans and I are going to wear the tri-strand (gold, green, and purple) mardi gras beads to find each other. Come on over and join us, we're trying to decide when and where to meet pre-sailaway. Did you also know we're going to be onboard during the total lunar eclipse Feb 20th?

I just love this thread!!!! I am glad to see so many others who love the Majesty!!!! I have many fond memories of my Majesty cruise. I am jealous of ya'll who are meeting wearing the Mari Gras beads:rolleyes: We had the beads last year. This gets me in the planning mood:cool:

Have a great trip ya'll!

Annie:)

I just love this thread!!!! I am glad to see so many others who love the Majesty!!!! I have many fond memories of my Majesty cruise. I am jealous of ya'll who are meeting wearing the Mari Gras beads:rolleyes: We had the beads last year. This gets me in the planning mood:cool:

Have a great trip ya'll!

Annie:)

They may have brought their own snorkels and masks. That's what we did, and it cost $15 each to rent just fins and vests.

Thanks for all the other posts, they've been so helpful!!

My girlfriend and I are going on a Majesty Cruise on the 22nd of Feb. If we bring our own snorkel/mask/fins do we still have to rent a vest for $15? Can we bring our own life vests?

Our very first cruise was on Majesty and we just tried Navigator of the Seas. We figured bigger ship, more things to do, better food, etc. etc. Boy were we mistaken. BIGGER is NOT necessarily better. Majesty blows Navigator out of the water when it comes to service, food, etc.

We went on Navigator that left Fort Lauderdale on Jan. 28th, and it was the cruise from hell. I've been sick since the 4th day on the ship, and if I'm not feeling better tomorrow, I'm going to the doctor's to find out what the heck I picked up while on this cruise. This cruise started off on a bad foot within 24 hours after we got on board.

Archived