Anyone going on the Sovereign SOON??(end of Jan/Feb?)

PH8

• 2 weeks later...
im leaving on the sovereign on feb 1st and will do my best to check this out....heck i might even just knock on the door and explain the situation, and ask them.....lol

more practically i will roam the deck around cleaning times and peak in....

greg

OK I see where Greg has posted elsewhere......come on Greg......stop by,PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Thanks Catherine.......

It is true. During our bridge tour on the Jan 25, 08 cruise we could see it from the side bridge. Captain Ruin told us they call it the "Lobster Box" but didn't explain why. I have several pictures of it from the side bridge.

No not teasing..it is true..when we were on there several years ago, we were lingering instead of rushing off the Ship the last day..we wanted to look at other staterooms and the suites etc..the stateroom attendant told us to go look in there..much to our surprise there was the balcony..unfortunately for us it cannot accommodate more than 2 so we have not been able to take advantage of it...of course there is one on the port and one on the starboard side of the ship. Imagine all the HAPPY cruisers who walk in and see that balcony!

We had a similar situation on DCL..a few rooms had obstructed views so they booked them out at interior cabin prices! It was great! I think they now book that at ov rates :(

It is true. During our bridge tour on the Jan 25, 08 cruise we could see it from the side bridge. Captain Ruin told us they call it the "Lobster Box" but didn't explain why. I have several pictures of it from the side bridge.
Would love to see pics.....thats funny.we have been on the bridge tour a couple of times and never noticed it......

No not teasing..it is true..when we were on there several years ago, we were lingering instead of rushing off the Ship the last day..we wanted to look at other staterooms and the suites etc..the stateroom attendant told us to go look in there..much to our surprise there was the balcony..unfortunately for us it cannot accommodate more than 2 so we have not been able to take advantage of it...of course there is one on the port and one on the starboard side of the ship. Imagine all the HAPPY cruisers who walk in and see that balcony!

We had a similar situation on DCL..a few rooms had obstructed views so they booked them out at interior cabin prices! It was great! I think they now book that at ov rates :(

so you're saying 9528 is the same thing???

Did the balcony have enough room for 2 chairs??

Yup...both sides of the Ship..can't believe this has been kept so quiet since she was fitted out with Balconies :)

From what I recall it was pretty big.. It may have even had 2 chairs on it..I had pictures at one time but my computer crashed and POOF they were gone!

It's definitely the cabin to get if you are 2 people and getting a SOV room!

Hope you like it...I wish they'd put a roll away so we could book it!

WE do have it booked in Sept.....wouldnt have booked a SOV,but it was so cheap and finding out about the balcony helped us decide...

Take pictures for us all Please. Otherwise we will have to send Soggy Crackers to feed the Parrot :p

I'm SOOOO ECSTATIC RIGHT NOW! I have the Sovereign booked for my spring break...i was already booked for a deck nine oceanview...but in my daily prowess of divulging my life into cruise critic...i found this thread...called RCCL ASAP!!!!! and low and behold...booked 9528...i most definetly will take pictures and post them when I get back!!!! anyone get pictures i'll love you forever!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D

I'm SOOOO ECSTATIC RIGHT NOW! I have the Sovereign booked for my spring break...i was already booked for a deck nine oceanview...but in my daily prowess of divulging my life into cruise critic...i found this thread...called RCCL ASAP!!!!! and low and behold...booked 9528...i most definetly will take pictures and post them when I get back!!!! anyone get pictures i'll love you forever!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D

You should not have done that. Those cabins are the black hole of the oceans. Anybody who said "I will come back with info and pics" disappeared.

:D

We are going next weekend(feb4) I will try to check it out as I was curious as well when I read the thread about that cabin...Jim

im leaving on the sovereign on feb 1st and will do my best to check this out....heck i might even just knock on the door and explain the situation, and ask them.....lol

more practically i will roam the deck around cleaning times and peak in....

greg

Looking for rosecity and flashing......we hope you came back:eek: :eek:

Ok...so i've been doing serious investigation and have come up with this...

I downloaded this from a couple that stayed in 9026....they took a picture of their stateroom, and next to it...well...i magnified it and does look a bit like a door to the left of the porthole...and the saga continues....

469106096ZeiNbG_ph.jpg.9ce5908477f389c28e18bf61c0ca9e27.jpg

Archived