Past Guest Party

Blueparrot

This will be my second time sailing on Carnival. I have been on other cruise lines where there are past guest parties and wondered if Carnival does this also. How many cruises are needed to be invited?

Yes, Carnival does have a past guest party. You will receive an invitation on your second cruise.

This will be my second time sailing on Carnival. I have been on other cruise lines where there are past guest parties and wondered if Carnival does this also. How many cruises are needed to be invited?
You're in!!!We did our second cruise and got an invite to go and have been to three since.You can order any drink you want for free:D You don't just have to drink what they serve you on the tray. I love Chocolate Martini's, they can be up to 6.50 each on the ship so on this night I ask for two or three:o .They serve little ordervees( type o LOL)Have a great time!!!Any more question we can answer there is lots of CC out there to help:)

This will be our second cruise too. Thanks for asking--I was also wondering about the drinks. I'm not one that usually drinks but I've found that I can drink a margarita. It's good to know I will be able to order one.

Do you get the invitation when you arrive or in the mail?

Hi All,

The invitation, along with a pin of the ship, will be delivered to your room by your steward, usually the day before the party. Point of information, We asked the pursers office about the policy for inviting guests to the past guest party. According to the person we talked to, each past guest is allowed to ask one person as their guest. I don't know if this is the fleetwide policy but we found it interesting after reading numerous posts on here about only past guests being allowed to attend.

Hi All,

The invitation, along with a pin of the ship, will be delivered to your room by your steward, usually the day before the party. Point of information, We asked the pursers office about the policy for inviting guests to the past guest party. According to the person we talked to, each past guest is allowed to ask one person as their guest. I don't know if this is the fleetwide policy but we found it interesting after reading numerous posts on here about only past guests being allowed to attend.

I don't remember which cruise it was but on one of our cruises, 90% of the cruisers were past guests. Very crowded party!

If you're talking about the same Past Guest thread that I'm thinking of, the debate wasn't could a non-pg attend.....but should they attend.

If you're talking about a different thread, well....then....nevermind!

at my past guest party on imagination 2 weeks ago you needed to have your invitation for admittance and they handed out the pins at that time. We were each allowed to bring one new cruiser. they came around with hordourves and different drinks (stay away from the blue margarita)and we could order what we wanted if not interested in what was on the tray

I was disappointed that the past guest party last week was held at 7:15 pm, as we had early dinner at 5:45. We had to hurry through dinner, and then were WAY too full to have any appetizers. The drinks they served were fruity-sweet drinks. It took a long time to order a different drink.

I have enjoyed other past guest parties better when it was held BEFORE dinner.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi All,

Go ahead and ask if your guest can attend. If they say yes, you're in. ;)

Great news, I have been to the past guest parties and always "settled" on what they were serving for drinks. I can't believe all this ime I didn't know I could order my favorite and skip the others. You learn something new on here everyday! Thanks everyone!!:D

They didn't give out pins on the Liberty last July...maybe they didnt have them yet? :confused:

By the way, about 70% of the entire ship were past guests, so all three levels of the Venetian were packed solid. Good luck ordering a drink that wasn't on their trays...they couldn't even hand out enough drinks as it was!:eek:

Hi All,

The invitation, along with a pin of the ship, will be delivered to your room by your steward, usually the day before the party.

We were on the Destiny 02/10 sailing. We did get Past Guest Party invitations and we did attend - but no pins. I frankly forgot about the pins so I didn't ask while on the ship. Anyone else experience this, and is there someone at Carnival to contact to see if they will send them to us?

Archived